Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

shift boot removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shift boot removal

How do I remove the shifter concel and shift boot/ knob so i can instal my new cup holder that i picked up from the junk yard?? I have a 92 accord dx 5spd this is my fist upgrade to the interior Ive been searching for this but cant seem to find any answers to my question. I got the screws off that hold the center shif concel to the body but I dont know how to remove the shift knob so I can lift the whole concel over the shifter

1. Pull tab off under knob, unscrew knob
    2. unbolt screws around center console
    3. pull off center console.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ok every thing is unbolted but How do I remove the tab under the sift knob? do pull, twist, ????
      Last edited by newjdmdriver; 11-05-2007, 02:38 AM.

Comment

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????

Comment

dude, take it easy, it was 10 minutes since your previous post. anyway, you pull straight down on the boot until the chrome part pops away from the knob.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

lol yeah sorry just got alittel fusterated well thanks for your help guys! I finished the project. now my dx has cup holders no more asking my girl friend to hold my drink while I drive ahaha

Comment

between the seats and the E-brake make great cupholders also

Comment

dx didnt come with cup holders?

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

that cant be reight dx must hvae cup holders stock

Comment

Originally posted by apuforyou
                    between the seats and the E-brake make great cupholders also

thats what I do!

but the BIGGIE SIZED cups ( Wendys ) dont fit too well
                    92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                    My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by SN2BH22CB7
                      thats what I do!

but the BIGGIE SIZED cups ( Wendys ) dont fit too well
                      42oz mcdonalds cups fit there amazingly well!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

yeah the dx didnt come with cup holders I snaged some from a 92 lx accord

Comment

Working...
                        X