Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Turbo + automatic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo + automatic

So, I hear that turbos like automatics better... less lag when shifting.

but, a). would you do it to your automatic?
    b). how much HP/tq can the tranny take stock?
    c). what PSI is safe on stock internals? ( i hear 7psi and under)
    d). what specs could be seen with a 5-7psi setup?
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

6-7psi could work on stock internals. The turbo you use makes a big difference. Small turbos make heat, heat kills engines.

The Honda automatics aren't very strong when it comes to putting considerable power through them. People have done it, and some have lasted, but I would prepare to replace the transmission just in case. If you boost an automatic, EXPECT to replace it... if you don't have to, bonus! The best way to keep it alive, other than not beating on it all the time, is to run a good fluid (at least Honda ATF, Redline synthetic is usually the ATF of choice for most FI automatic people) and use a transmission cooler.

5-7psi with a decent tune and a properly sized turbo would probably get you around 175-180whp, provided you had other mods to make it work (like a proper sized exhaust... 3" or so is best) Moderate boost on an F22 yeilds H22 power, maybe a little more, and a good deal more torque (which is what the transmission usually doesn't like).

Comment

Level 10 Torque converter.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

FTS + 5 speed > auto

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

what is FTS + 5spd?

Does an auto tranny reduce turbo lag?
          My Car
          FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

FTS = Full Throttle Shift.

Pretty easy to setup in Uberdata/Crome

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

An auto tranny does not reduce turbo lag, but it does keep the engine under load during shifts. Normally, a 5 speed transmission requires you to let up off the gas to shift safely, which will let the turbo slow down and need to be re-spooled... in that case, lag may be present. With FTS, you can keep your foot on the gas and keep the turbo spinning when you shift.

Comment

Auto trannies are nice if you can get them to withstand the abuse. 91accordexr33 had a boosted setup on his car. I think he was running 15z though as I recall. I would think it would be some sort of trans issue since IMO should have been faster. But if you can get an auto trans strong enough to run boost it will be a good competitor.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                X