Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Gsr Cb7???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gsr Cb7???

First of all, I would like to say hey to CB7.com, and I hope I get alot of needed knowledge about 4th gen Accords.

Now, I was wondering is it posible to swap a gsr into a accord??? And if so, does anyone have picstures.

whats a gsr?

Comment

Welcome to cb7tuner!

A gsr is an Integra. Swapping the motor from one into a cb7 is not going to be easy.

You are looking at a lot of modification.

A much easier swap would be an H22, F22B.

Comment

ya, I've been reading up on the whole cb7 culture, and am pretty up to date on the usually swaps. I just wanted to know if it had been done?

The front ends look similar on the 4th gen accord and 2nd gen integra. So I would speculate that it wouldn't be that hard.

Comment

The GSR's B-series swaps are not worth the cost.

Like mentioned above, H22, F20B, F20A DOHC, F20A SOHC, H23 non-Vtec, H23 Vtec, are all better candidates. That should be a good enough selection.

otherwise, if you want to be really different and can spend the money, go for a J32 V6 swap from the Acura TL and CL Type S cars.
          DEVOTE

Comment

I see... well in that case, i'm prolly going to research all the options to building the stock motor...

I want to build a very clean single cam cb7. All my prior experience cam from B18A, B18B, B18C, B16, B20, H22, ect. So, the single cam engine will be a hew indevour for me.

Comment

the h and f series swaps are more cost effective and a gsr swap wont get you shit they have no tq and youre car is heavy so yeah don't be a noob thinking its cool to put a teg engine into every honda cause its not. But if you still wanna waste your money go ahead.
              F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
              My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
              Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

Originally posted by DA92CB7
                the h and f series swaps are more cost effective and a gsr swap wont get you shit they have no tq and youre car is heavy so yeah don't be a noob thinking its cool to put a teg engine into every honda cause its not. But if you still wanna waste your money go ahead.
                Whooaaa....

Chill out buddy. That's why I asked if it had been done. I figured there was a reason noone does it, so I thought I'd ask to see why: Not enough torque;cars too heavy.

I clearly said that, now having this information, I WANT to build the single cam 2.2L motor, instead. I know of the H22 swaps, and the Hybrids. I just want to try something new. So read the post before your quick to call someone a noob.

This why people who are honestly trying to learn about something new, never ask questions cause people mistake honest curiosity as nood rice.

Anywya, thanks HondaGuy1212 and lokuputha for the information.

Comment

actually, there is enough torque in that engine to move our cars. its just that the amount of custom work required for such little gain is what makes the swap not worth it.

now, if you want to see some F22A N/A beasts, check out HondaFan81's red and white projects in the Performance Tech section. also, look into Bisimoto. he has an F22A-powered CRX putting out like 500+ horsepower N/A!
                  Originally posted by deevergote.
                  And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

woah dude that was rude. calm down on the new guy, he only asked a simple question

Comment

the front end is only simular cosmetically that does not translate into a b series will fit in the engine bay. I have a question for you did you own a civic and were you a member of Honda tech.
                      F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
                      My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
                      Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

the front end is only simular cosmetically that does not translate into a b series will fit in the engine bay. I have a question for you did you own a civic and were you a member of Honda tech.
                        what you think becasue you have 433 more posts than TheChosenOne, you're some hot shit and hes a noob that dosent know shit?Stop being such a dickwad. Im pretty sure he knows a bunch of Info on motors, and he trying to be creative. Now remember you dipshit, there is no such thing as a stupid question in the Beginners section. You think your some hot shit who knows everything, then the beginners section isnt for you.

And soo what if he did have a civic and was a member of honda-tech. Bisi's insight is more similar to a civic than it is a Accord, and there is a bunch of usefull info on Honda-tech. I bet your the kind of guy that looks down on people becasue they are from a different culture or some shit like that.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Think happy thoughts everybody. Happy.

anyways...

TheChosenOne, I hope u get a lot of motivation and advise from all the SOHC Guru's here.
                          The F22 is a great motor and the community is increasingly coming to that realization. All it takes is some passion.

I still havn't seen a good F22 Wire-tucked engine bay, may u be the first

Have fun
                          DEVOTE

Comment

this is the beginner gallery, POSITIVE constructive criticizm only or you'll get banned reaaal quick.

Anything is possible, but not without completely custom fabbing. As others have mentioned about checking out bisimoto, I would also add to check out 2point6, he has an h22 all motor build that last put out something like 280hp in a 114 degree wharehouse. The Stock F22aX series is decent but support for it is only half-hearted from most aftermarket manufacturers, Bisismoto is doing work on the f-series but needs more support from us tuners.

but yeah you could grab bisi's cam, clutch/lightweight flywheel, and hopefully soon to be released header and be good for a significant increase in hp with the stock accord engine.
                            My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha

Think happy thoughts everybody. Happy.

anyways...

TheChosenOne, I hope u get a lot of motivation and advise from all the SOHC Guru's here.
                              The F22 is a great motor and the community is increasingly coming to that realization. All it takes is some passion.

I still havn't seen a good F22 Wire-tucked engine bay, may u be the first

Have fun
                              Thanks lokuputha...lol.

Yea, i'll admit, when it comes to accord and single cams in general excluding the d15's and d16's, I am a noob, but here are some of my references to prove I "know a little sumn sumn"...

Exterior:
                              *Teal paint job, but needs to be re-done due to scratches
                              *JDM corner lights
                              *rear tow hook
                              *JDM duck bill
                              *damaged driver side fender

Interior:
                              *JDM center console
                              *JDM arm rest
                              *LS front seats (mint except for small stiching tear in driver seat)
                              *Clarion head unit
                              *Veilside shift knob
                              *New civic floor mats from honda
                              *mint rear seat and trunk carpet

Suspension:
                              *Skunk2 coilovers in the front
                              *Ebay coilovers in the back
                              *Stock steelies with 5% thread left

Engine & Tranny:
                              *GSR tranny (NO GRINDS)
                              *GSR block bored to .020 over
                              *New PR3 oversized pistons with coated walls
                              *New Hastings piston rings
                              *New ACL Racing rod and main bearing
                              *New oil pan gasket
                              *PasswordJDM Magnetic oil pan bolt
                              *New ARP head bolts
                              *PORTED & POLISHED B16 head
                              *New Type R valve springs on intake side
                              *ITR cam shafts
                              *Skunk2 cam gears
                              *New valve seals
                              *New Precision 310cc injectors
                              *New PasswordJDM injector jumper harness
                              *New Walbro 255 fuel pump
                              *New head gasket
                              *New timing belt
                              *New starter
                              *New distributor
                              *New spark plugs and wires
                              *CompTech race header (bronze)
                              *Custom piping with Spoon silent exhaust

This is my 1990 DB1. I was just an LS with some race inspired suspension upgrades.

Comment

Working...
                              X