Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Whats goin on with my moto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats goin on with my moto

hey, i got an F22A6
    just replaced rotor, cap, and got a new wireset.
    ok.... now when i hit 3000 rpms....like right when it gets to 3 grand... it gets a lot of extra power... and it picks up a lot better. My exhaust gets a lot better sounding too. More mean and deap. Whats going on with my motor?
    I do have a dual stage intake manifold... would that cause it?
    It almost sounds like vtec... but i definately dont have vtec. any ideas?
    Fun with Paint... haha.

OHIO CB7's

anyone have any, ideas. come on help me out.
    Fun with Paint... haha.

OHIO CB7's

Comment

is it really weak below 3k? could just be the IM kicking in? i dunno.

5 months old and already a lady killer

Dust & Blood (my bro's band)
      http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=921 03410

Comment

I have that exact engine.. atleast your starts lol. I really do not know, i've never heard of that problem until now. good luck and keep me posted on what it is or could be

Originally posted by Juice21
        thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
        Originally posted by GameChewer
        Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

Is it weak on the lower rpms?

Is it just in your head?

Your engine was probably total weak before the tune-up.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

the IABs open at higher RPMs, not sure where (4k?) That wouldn't be like vtec, though. It's been compared to it, but it doesn't really kick in.

How's your ignition timing?

Comment

well, its not REALLY weak before 3 k, its just that the power it gains at and above 3k is crazy. It does sound like a single OHC vtec motor though. its pretty neat, i just want to know what is causing it. and no, it wasnt weak before that. Its got some balls, not a lot, but its mean. I replaced my rotor, cap, plugs, and wireset, because when my car idles (at cold start and when it's warm) it sounds like the engine is missing a lot. i dont know how to explain it any better then ---- when i listen to my exhaust it sounds normal, then it jumps (not higher or lower rpms) it just sounds like the engine is missing. My timing is dead on... its advanced 15 degrees. I tried putting it back down, but that didnt help at all (and yes i know how to use the service connector on the passenger side behind the kick panel. ive tried everything.

I think it could be that the head is fucked up.... but my compression tests yield 170 psi throughout the board... 1 2 3 and 4.

2-3 K (rpms) sputters a lot, or misses, whatever its called. it gets really bad if i hold in the clutch and give her gas to 2500 rpms. not extremely bad.... but it sounds like SHIT. once it gets past 3 K, it doesnt miss at all. period. Anything lower then 3k though. it sounds like shit.

My ecu is giving me an ELD or electronic Load Detector code...
              if someone knows wtf is going on with my ELD or how to fix it or can help me.... please PM me if its a serious matter.

im also getting one other fault code - the intake air temperature sensor.
              idk how important this is or if it could be effecting my car negatively.

those are the only 2 codes that i have.

i know exhaust is important and if theres a hole in your exhaust it can fuck up your shit...... just for example, i put on a spoon resonator.... and didnt tighten the o2 sensor screw in (not the sensor...just the screw) and it fell out as i was pulling out of my driveway, i took it for a drive and it fucking sucked. bogged and shit, but i put the screw back in, and it had that much more balls.
              also, my whole exhaust is 2 1/4 all the way back until i have 3 feet left to the muffler, it drops down to 1 3/4, i dont know exactly how bad that is, but should i get that taken care of ASAP?

Im asking a lot, but ive put a lot into this car, and im trying to get the kinks out.

anyway. please everyone keep this thread going and help a cb7 owner out.
              Last edited by inferno1414; 10-31-2007, 11:45 PM.
              Fun with Paint... haha.

OHIO CB7's

Comment

That sputter means that hows your timing? Are the firing order correct?

ELD I think your engine bay fuse box is fucked.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Working...
                X