Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

seafoam in oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seafoam in oil

is it ok to put a pint of seafoam in the crankcase AFTER a oil change or would you put it in BEFORE? thanks
    from f22 to H22. still love the cb7.

After. Run it for a little while, drain it, fresh oil, run it, drain it, fresh oil again.

That's the best way.

However, when I did it, I was dumb... I drove for 3000+ miles with it in there. I haven't noticed any problems from doing that, but I've heard that it can do some damage.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
      After. Run it for a little while, drain it, fresh oil, run it, drain it, fresh oil again.

That's the best way.

However, when I did it, I was dumb... I drove for 3000+ miles with it in there. I haven't noticed any problems from doing that, but I've heard that it can do some damage.
      ok thanks. i def put it in today after my oil change. then i heard it was bad damn it oh well

Comment

Change it again tomorrow to be safe. Trust me. $30 for another oil change, or $1000+ for another motor...

It MIGHT not do damage. I got lucky. However, I wouldn't trust that your luck would be the same.

Comment

I still don't think this or any oil addictive works.....
          Even on ppls reviews idk... just a money maker IMO

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            Change it again tomorrow to be safe. Trust me. $30 for another oil change, or $1000+ for another motor...

It MIGHT not do damage. I got lucky. However, I wouldn't trust that your luck would be the same.
            if i just changed the oil not the filter would it be ok? i mean i just put the new filter on today

and thanks for your help btw

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
              I still don't think this or any oil addictive works.....
              Even on ppls reviews idk... just a money maker IMO
              no water and atf does the same thing. your right. just a money maker

Comment

Thye have some sort of additive you can run in the car that cleans it up. They had some in taiwan you fill up the car with it *it was clear* and run it for 10min then drain and refill with normal oil. We did it on a peugot what a POS. If you want to do seafoam do it before and with the old filter. Either way yea...I wouldnt put seafoam in my oil.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i did mine before. But i put it in like an hour before i did the oil change. I figured it would thin out the oil and clean up the sludge. So thats why i did it an hour before so when i would drain it all the gunk and sludge would come out and fill up with new. my .02

Comment

When i did this, i researched A LOT to find out the RIGHT way to do this.

It is:
                    You dont have to put it in right before the oil change, but why to an extra oil change?
                    WHile its in the oil, drive around for 30-60 miles, and then change you oil and filter too. You filter will be clogging up with all of that shit.

Also i dunno how much is in the can. but You are supposed to use 1/3rd of the can.

Another tip. When you change the oil (with the seafoam in it, or anytime), jack it up from the front. Like try to keep that car at this kind of angle(\), that way the most oil/sluge comes out bc of gravity.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

I put 2 table spoons of it after each oil change
                      I notice that the valves are quieter
                      Your man for wiring solutions!
                      CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                      CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

yea i would use 1/3 or less in the oil. I usually do 1/3 in the intake, 1/3 in the oil, and 1/3 in the gas tank. worked wonders on my old motor

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                        11.68 @ 127mph
                        417whp/375wtq
                        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

ok i changed my oil again today. im safe.. thanks for the help

Comment

I kno when i use seafoam i feel like theres less hesitation, i've only put some in the fuel tank and through the brake booster valve. No problems yet

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                            Frost White Member 13
                            My Ride
                            "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

i put it in at random. 1/3 in the oil 1/3 in the intake usually take a vac line and feed it to the motor very slowly so it doesn't die, and 1/3 in gas. I have been doing this for about a year or two now and no problems. I let the car run for 10 mins shut it off let it sit for 15 mins then i go and drive the crap out of it till all the white smoke is cleared.
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                              X