Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

p12 ecu with f22a6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p12 ecu with f22a6

Would the P12 ecu from a f22a1 out of a prelude s even work in the F22a6, i mean the f22a6 has the IAB's and the dual runner intake, just wondering i have heard that the p12 has more of a aggressive tune than the pt6, and prelude f221 is rated at 135, this is because of the ecu

p12 is only used mostly on people with f22a1. Its pointless the a1 in the lude was rated at 145 and the accord a6 was 140. Pointless to swap ecu the way I see it.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

But thats like a base gain of 20 hp, no?

Either they're not the same f22a1, or there's something to their ecu...

How do they make more hp on the same engine?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

the prelude has a f22a1 identical to the ones in the cb7's the difference is the ecu, it has a p12 that has a more aggressive tune, i just want to know if i would see any gains putting this ecu on a f22a6

Comment

more aggressive- what does that mean though?

Simply adding more fuel, making it richer couldn't make 20 hp, if its stoich, air/fuel is already as good as its gonna get, right?

If its getting more fuel it needs more air, so it would need more aggressive cams, or a significantly better IHE combo, and as far as I know, it doesn't, they're the same for all intents and purposes. The cam I don't know about though.

Comment

the timing is advanced, idk im not for sure, but i did some research and this is what i came across, people have put the p12 in the f22a1 and felt a actually difference, research and you will see it too, i just didnt find my question answered so i posted it

Comment

I'd be interested to hear if anyone runs one in their CB, would it even run right unless it was chipped and retuned?

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=p12+f22a1

read this thread and read what kingdave has to say about it and thomas LX
                Last edited by zigg_1311; 10-28-2007, 11:03 PM.

Comment

I wonder if its just mental, but the P12 may not do all the things needed in an accord, BUT if the tune is better, perhaps an accord ecu could be tuned using the preludes p12 map, so hopefully everything still works as it should, and the engine is bumped up as well.

Comment

thats what i was wondering too, i bet the p12's map could be used to help tune the accords ecu, by the way i am diggn your white cb, i am about ready to finish mine, got my clear corners and bumper signals, i am gonna white out all the trim tho

Comment

I kinda plan to do that myself, if I ever get this sucker repainted, which it desperately needs

Comment

im lucky my dad works at a ford body shop as a collision reparist, and is a damn good painter

Comment

How would he charge you for a complete recoat, multi-stage paint

Comment

Bowzil is running a p12.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

he does all of his stuff on the side, he doesnt run it through his work, plus my aunt and uncle have a body shop, and hes about ready to quit and work out there full time

Comment

Working...
                              X