Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cheap radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap radiator

noticed it heating up recently on the way home from a job, pulled of at a gas station and noticed i was about out of water. i filled it up and dident notice any leaks, it seemed like the only drops were either from before the fill or my spilling during the fill. so i drove it to school the next day and it dident heat up but when i cam out of class i had a small puddel in front of my car. re toped it off and brought it home and put a preasure gauge to it. bad radiator to my dissappointment. is there somewhere that sells em cheap?

thanks

kyle
    1993 CB7 lx Coupe

looking for maroon coupe door handles and a half nose bra and a bike rack for the roof, already have a *** trunk one, hook me up

i got a new one at pepboys for 80 bucks. Thats the cheapest i found one.

Comment

ebay

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by KyleN20
        noticed it heating up recently on the way home from a job, pulled of at a gas station and noticed i was about out of water. i filled it up and dident notice any leaks, it seemed like the only drops were either from before the fill or my spilling during the fill. so i drove it to school the next day and it dident heat up but when i cam out of class i had a small puddel in front of my car. re toped it off and brought it home and put a preasure gauge to it. bad radiator to my dissappointment. is there somewhere that sells em cheap?

thanks

kyle
        well, to start.. I think you should start using radiator coolant in your radiator rather than water. Water has a lot lower boiling point than the coolant which would take care of your overheating. Also, when sitting.. water rusts my brother.

after you replace a radiator and you have no coolant.. don't get me wrong water is the next best thing, but to run on primarily ater is a no no. good luck with your new radiator. it's like buying new brakes.. no one likes putting money into things that don't make there car drive like a rocket ship.

Comment

id check hoses first, ive had some random leaks with my lower one before.

id had to take it off and then reposition it with a new hose clamp.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
            id check hoses first, ive had some random leaks with my lower one before.

id had to take it off and then reposition it with a new hose clamp.
            kinda.

But if u wanan start adding things on to your motor and this and that. Whats the best aftermarket rad to use so your car will RUN cooler?
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I would say koyo. Check out www.passwordjdm.com I know they sell them; I was planning on picking one of these up myself.

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
                kinda.

But if u wanan start adding things on to your motor and this and that. Whats the best aftermarket rad to use so your car will RUN cooler?
                you run water and redline water wetter. it makes it run about 20 degrees cooler.
                if you want it to run even cooler, just run a lower temp thermostat.
                I <3 G60.

Comment

you run water and redline water wetter. it makes it run about 20 degrees cooler.
                  if you want it to run even cooler, just run a lower temp thermostat.
                  x2 on that.
                  But i have no luck on the cooler thermostat. Can't find one anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by H23CB7
                    x2 on that.
                    But i have no luck on the cooler thermostat. Can't find one anywhere
                    napa has one for 170 degree and i believe f22parts has a 160 one.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

napa has one for 170 degree and i believe f22parts has a 160 one.
                      awesome

Comment

I got a 160 from Advanced
                        MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
                        If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X