Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

coolant temp sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coolant temp sensor

my sensor has snapped and i was wondoring if its anything important or just gives me a reading of my cars temperature =]

Originally posted by CB7PWNAGE
    my sensor has snapped and i was wondoring if its anything important or just gives me a reading of my cars temperature =]
    Yes the coolant temp sensor is important...especially since your in hialeah...im in Broward...Fla gets hot...if your car begins to overheat youd never know it.

Comment

damn man i gota go to my local junk yard and snatch it off =]

Comment

dude...just go buy one...there like 10 or 15 bucks at autozone...don't go to a junk yard for that....you go to the junk yard for big stuff.
        "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think I can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." --President John F. Kennedy

ASE Master Automotive Technician
        ASE Master Med/Heavy Truck Technician
        US Navy Electrician
        Contact me if you need help on the side.
        '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
        '01 Civic LX
        '00 Tahoe

Greatest Rally Video Ever

Comment

Which temp sensor?

Just go to a junk yard and get it from any obd1 car. Most yards will just let it go for free since its such a small part.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

mine is broke and i was wondering if it does anything 2 the idle?Could that be why my fan dont work?

Comment

it is DIRECTLY related to mileage... there are like 3 aren't there? One for the gauge, one for the ecu, and another somewhere else?

Either way yeah it's important.
              ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
                it is DIRECTLY related to mileage...
                wtf mate?
                F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

BTW- just a lil side note for everyone.... who reads this

a bad/faulty ECT can cause problems. it can cause troubles with warm-startups! basically the sensors sends the wrong voltage reading to the ecu and in turn dumps too much fuel. Also this can happen and it will NOT throw a CEL.

if sensor is more than 1v the sensor is bad. @ normal coolant temp, the sensor should send a .5-.7v reading to the ECU. 1v or more is telling the ECU the engine is cold.

Sean
                  F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                  Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
                    wtf mate?
                    That was a quote from a repair manual...but I think I should have said...it will directly effect gas mileage...or better yet...fuel delivery volume...or flow...or something...but on with the story.

As to why...the coolant temp sensor is one of the many sensors used to directly effect how much gas your ecu squirts. Colder coolant equals cold start...and on cold start the ecu pumps more fuel.

More fuel helps cold engines start more easily. When mine messed up it was more difficult to start the car on cold mornings, which was how I knew something was up.

My 240 does the same thing but it has another injector...the cold start injector. Honda just opened them up longer instead.

If the sensor reads that your temp is low, it will pump more gas into the cylinders, even after the engine is warmed up (coolant actually)

It will be enough to notice a change in gas mileage. or in Australia terms...gas kilometerage...???...uh...I don't know foreign exchange on words
                    Last edited by bcjammerx; 10-25-2007, 05:29 AM.
                    ____

Comment

lmao, i already stated that above....

Comment

this sensor that you broke is on the head right??
                        The beginning of a new era............................
                        165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                        184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

did it break IN the head.. ? can you get it out??

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
                            lmao, i already stated that above....

heh...heh...heh...yeah you did...my bad

Originally posted by JDMugenBB1
                            did it break IN the head.. ? can you get it out??
                            unless the threads are stripped there shouldn't be any problem...oooo...unless you snap off hex part...but that'd be hard to do...unless you whacked it good.
                            ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
                              unless the threads are stripped there shouldn't be any problem...oooo...unless you snap off hex part...but that'd be hard to do...unless you whacked it good.
                              Hey... anything is possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X