Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rad fan issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya had the problem to, i shut my car off and right when it shut off the fan would kick in then when i go to start it up the fan would stop. so what do u do---------------------> u cut that b*tch

Comment

Could be a couple things. Mine would turn on hours after the car had cooled down and would stay on until the battery died. It was a $40 part from the junkers that my mechanic said Honda wanted $400 for lol....some little black box thingy.

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

Originally posted by droppedcb7
        ya had the problem to, i shut my car off and right when it shut off the fan would kick in then when i go to start it up the fan would stop. so what do u do---------------------> u cut that b*tch
        I had the same problem, it was the coolant thermo switch for that fan (radiator or A/C, each has its own). You replace it, it's like a couple minute job. By cutting it, you're looking to overheat your car later. Not a good idea.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner_Time
          Could be a couple things. Mine would turn on hours after the car had cooled down and would stay on until the battery died. It was a $40 part from the junkers that my mechanic said Honda wanted $400 for lol....some little black box thingy.
          Called a fan timer unit.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Fan timer unit eh... Sounds like the same symptoms. Anyone have a pic where it might be.. said it was right beside the main relay? I however have an odd kind of update... I was in the garage working on it again a few days ago (when i work on my car, my system is usually on with some tunes, sub off in the garage) when the fan came on... Note this rad has 2 fans on it.. yes 2! Only one fucker came on... the other one didnt start up... does this make a difference? If this little black box you speak of near the main relay is whats causing it, im going to do it this weekend... Also, when doing this, im going to change my battery, as its shot, it doesnt charge past 12.5V, so im swapping it out with one i have here... however the one i have is Side bolt terminal... im going to put adapters on it, and hook it up with side post... has anyone had problems with this?

Just seen your message Hondafan. Got 2 questions about that sensor,
            1: if the car is running, and the fan turns on to cool it down, the sensor is fine right?
            2: If the car is off, and the fan is on, removing the pigtail to the sensor should automatically shut off the fan correct? as it cant get a reading, the computer should read as 0 degree's and shut off the fan.. Please tell me if im wrong, im going for a longshot in the dark. (both temp sensors were replaced about 10K before i got tht ecar, so they only have about 20K on them..)
            Last edited by js593; 12-18-2007, 08:26 PM.
            90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
            2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

So i got it back today, they couldnt find anything wrong with the car, all the circuits were fine, and powered properly. The rad fan didnt kick in while they were working on it, and they checked both sensors, the relay, and everything else... so im at a loss, im going to get this timer on the weekend, and be done with it, im almost 100% sure thats it. They said the continuity for the sensors was good.. so yeah... other then that, it sounds like the shifter cable needs to be ajustted at the transmission... anyone know how to do this?
              90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
              2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Working...
              X