Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Auto seat belts! Argh !!! Other stupid questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto seat belts! Argh !!! Other stupid questions

Recently purchased a 1990 Accord EX, 4 cyl. 5-speed. High mileage but cheap. Needs some work tho' and reading this forum has already answered MANY questions I had. Thanks very much.
    Didn't see this addressed. Problem- The '90 Accord has those damn automatic shoulder straps that even when functioning properly are very annoying. My driver side strap will actuate only occasionally when I shut the door. No noise from mechanism in door pillar like its trying but some gear or something is stripped. When it does work it works and sounds fine. I'm thinking it may be something electronic as opposed to a faulty mechanism in pillar. The switch on passenger door that controls dome lt. and "door ajar" indicator doesn't seem to actuate seatbelt there. Is there another sensor? Some computer problem perhaps? Any thoughts? Really tired of risking a ticket for no belt not to mention driving with flashing lt. and buzzer beeping!! If it is in the mechanism how do I attack it?
    I'd really like to retrofit with with later model NORMAL belts from the boneyard. Anybody tried this?
    Any thoughts on this problem would help. Thanks

If you're near a Honda dealer, have them look at the seatbelts as they should be covered under a lifetime warranty. It's worth looking into.

Oh yeah,
    "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
    ><((((º>

Comment

Welcome nate. Sorry im not helo, But i love my auto belts.
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

even though the automated shoulder belts are annoying, they are one of the few safety features your car is equipped with since it has no ABS and no airbags. so if i were you, i'd fix the problem and leave them in.

and you could probably find the parts you're looking for at a junkyard when you find out what the problem is if the dealership is a little pricey.
        Originally posted by deevergote.
        And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Last I heard Honda would fix and seat-belt problems for free
          wat?

Comment

Wow!
            Thanks to all for the quick replies. Contacted my Honda dealer and they indeed were happy to replace the lap belt recieving points (female ends) one of which was also broken as they were subject to recall. Weren't sure if they would fix the auto shoulder belt for free tho. Said they'd let me know at my appointment.
            One problem down! Thanks again for the advice.

Comment

so long as there is no sign of tampering with, they should repair them for free.
              I haven't had any problems with mine yet so i haven't had to test this rumour.

if all else fails, you could do a conversion to manual belts with parts from the PnP.

Comment

Working...
              X