Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Sitting for a year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitting for a year

well, a buddy of mine just found a 1990 EX-R 5 speed sedan for really cheap, the only problem is that this thing sat in the persons driveway for a year. they said they drove it around about once a month just to keep it going. but a total of an hour of driving around the block for a year can't be good for any car.

the body's actually in pretty good shape. the engine on the other hand i'm not so sure about. he got them to start it up after he gave them a boost and it sounded ok, i just don't know how well it would do on e-test or safety. plus it threw a CEL(s) right away.

the question i'm asking is, how much do you guys think would need to be done in order to get this thing up to code? and around how much would it cost? hopefully someone can help. thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by deevergote.
    And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

well
    a full tune-up would be nice and really needed.
    Cappuccino CB7 Member #4
    FoDough fo moreho
    [FuNKiE FrEsH]

Comment

Well first things first, do a tune-up and a thorough inspection on the exhaust system. Make sure everything is good so it puts out minimum emissions. It couldn't be more then a 100 bucks for a tune-up. Unless the exhaust is busted then your talking more money.

*edit* ^^^^He beat me to it

Comment

Originally posted by H23CB7
        Well first things first, do a tune-up and a thorough inspection on the exhaust system. Make sure everything is good so it puts out minimum emissions. It couldn't be more then a 100 bucks for a tune-up. Unless the exhaust is busted then your talking more money.

*edit* ^^^^He beat me to it
        actually, the exhaust is the one brand new thing on the car! well, new before they took it off the road anyway.

one thing i forgot to mention in the first post is that the exhaust has a small leak in it right where the muffler connects to the pipe. just a small hole, nothing huge. anyone know how we could patch that up?

Comment

the cell is probably a o2 sensor. its probably carboned up. id say ill take it to my mechanic. and take it home and inspect it yourself. cant be anything bad with it really. if it sat for a year.
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

weld the hole
            or take to a shop so they can do it for you
            they should not charge alot for it
            only for little labor
            Cappuccino CB7 Member #4
            FoDough fo moreho
            [FuNKiE FrEsH]

Comment

might wanna change all fluids just to be safe. And if there's any gas in the tank, chances are its all gummed up. So i would flush all fluids.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

It shouldn't be so bad if they drove the car once a month. My car sat for 6 months without starting or nothing. But like mentioned before flush all the fluids and put new stuff in it and it should be good to go.
                And for the CEL just do the paperclip thing and get the code.
                1993 Accord EX
                2011 Subaru STi

Comment

i got my car for free from my uncle. It sat in his garage for 6 months, never touched. I got a new battery and drove it home 1000 miles. (From atlanta to philly). Had no problems with it every bc it sat. The thing even gave me 33 mpg on the way home with no tune up or nothing.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

so you guys think all we'll need to do is just change all the fluids in the car (oil, tranny fluid, flush the rad and gas tank), get the exhaust patched up, find out what code(s) it's throwing and fix that, and it'll be good to go for inspection and e-test? hopefully it'll be that easy.

and we can't get the CEL yet since we haven't been back yet. but we'll check later on and i'll let you guys know.

Comment

Jus change the oil, put some fuel additive in, or fuel injection cleaner, If ur Anti-freeze is Really dark then change it, make sure u bleed the air out,
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

well, we ran the code and it was #41 - primary oxygen sensor heater.

now, i have no idea what that is. anyone care to explain?

Comment

Originally posted by 91 EX-R
                          well, we ran the code and it was #41 - primary oxygen sensor heater.

now, i have no idea what that is. anyone care to explain?

change the front o2 sensor

the one before the cat

Comment

Originally posted by cb7dazz
                            change the front o2 sensor

the one before the cat
                            alright, thanks. but why wouldn't code #1 or 2 come up for the oxygen sensors?

Comment

so, anyone care to give a bit more insight into what the "primary oxygen sensor heater" is? i know what the O2 sensor is and does, but don't know what the primary heater is. anyone?

Comment

Working...
                              X