Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

errrrrrrrrrrrr!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

errrrrrrrrrrrr!

ok this cost me a race!! I was racing a prelude and I couldnt get into 2nd gear! It grinds first then it acts like it doest want to go in. Also 3rd gear wont even grab unless im under 5,000 rpm. now I know that my car needs a master clutch cylinder. but do you think it could more thats wrong with my tranny? when I was racing my shifter felt like it was bending when I was shifting into 3rd. it feelt like lose for some reason! man that scared me for a second, lol I thought my tranny was gone. could there be clutch problems as well?

ju need a betta clutch mon
    "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

well the clutch still grabs fine when I drive normal but when I race or speed it just wont grab gears right! so lets say im driving at normal speeds, I shift at like 3,000 to 4,000 rpm's and it goes into gear fine and still grabs fine. But when I start to smash and start hitting like 5,000 to 5,500 RPM's is starts to grind and slip and all that nasty stuff. and my shifter feels like its bending for some reason. its like its lose or something

Comment

The clutch not grabbing at high RPMs is a sign of a worn clutch. It'll fail up high first, and eventually slip down low. Mine was on rivets, and it never slipped down low (hell, it ran 15.023 on rivets! )

The grinding is most likely your synchronizers going out. Rebuild or replace the transmission to fix that. The failing clutch master cylinder could be a contributing factor (probably helped in killing your clutch and synchros)

Do you have a short shifter on there? Short shifters (full or adapters) seem to cause notchy shifting. In fact, I'm about to go set mine back to stock today, as I'm sick of it!

Comment

Originally posted by newjdmdriver
          ok this cost me a race!! I was racing a prelude and I couldnt get into 2nd gear! It grinds first then it acts like it doest want to go in. Also 3rd gear wont even grab unless im under 5,000 rpm. now I know that my car needs a master clutch cylinder. but do you think it could more thats wrong with my tranny? when I was racing my shifter felt like it was bending when I was shifting into 3rd. it feelt like lose for some reason! man that scared me for a second, lol I thought my tranny was gone. could there be clutch problems as well?
          Mine has a hard time going from 1-2 also. I have a custom short shifter installed. I never had that problem untill after the installation of my short shift. I know that mine is probably my syncros (as stated) but I just dont have the money to fix it. I have layed off the hard shift and it has not gotten worse. I just need my car to last with minimal $$ input....

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

If you set your short shifter too short it will grind.

Anyway you said your clutch master cylinder was allready on the way out. Replace that that will cause a difficulty of goin in gear and maybe not disngage the clutch fully to go into the next gear causing some grinding. Worst case scenario you fucked your trans by racing and trying to force it in...If it doesnt go in by force thats when you stop.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

...the clutch isn't disengaging all the way because of the mad master cylinder. fix that then go from there.

n/m thinking about replacing trannys yet.
              Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

The clutch is probably shot from the master cylinder failure... I'd replace that as well. That will also mean it's necessary to change the fluid in the transmission. Some good Honda synthetic MTF will work wonders, and if your synchros aren't too bad yet, it'll keep you from having to replace or rebuild too soon.

Comment

you're putting the cart before the horse. let him change an 80 dollar part before he goes ripping apart his engine bay. clutch may still be good, just not disengaging all the way.
                  Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

True. At 5000rpm though... if it slips, it's on the way out. I ignored mine... you saw the pics, right?

Comment

this just means its time for an upgrade...H22 tranny.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
                      5 speed(152,222) (2-2-08)
                      112 WHP and 115.16 torque

Comment

hmmm well I dont think my clutch is bad, I mean it will still engage when Im shifting high, I just have to shift slowly other wise it wont go into gear smoothly. The machanic told me that my master ckutch cylinder was going bad and I need to replace that. so Im going to fix that and see from there. maybe ill have him take a look at what else might be wrong before I spend the money.....I was thinking of changing out the clutch for a performance one any way

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                          True. At 5000rpm though... if it slips, it's on the way out. I ignored mine... you saw the pics, right?
                          mine doesnt like engaging up high and it only has 7k on it *shrugs*

the tranny has 230k on it...
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                          X