Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

BAD BAD rattling noise after lowering 2"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAD BAD rattling noise after lowering 2"

Please help! I just lowered my car (coilovers & camber kit) but the back is making a horrible rattling noise. I can't figure out why. I don't think it's the axles but is there something I'm supposed to do/check? It sounds like the rear end of my car is about to fall off. I've checked in previous posts but no one seems to have this problem. Is it possible for me to have broken both back axles already?

i dont think there is such a thing as back axles. The noise could be the upper contorl arm thing hitting against your quarter panel sidewall.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Oh ok. I think it's something that definitely needs to be checked. I just got it lowered but seriously need to get used to the different ride.

Comment

YAYEE another girl! lol welcome aboard.
        Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by deevergote
        Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
        Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185
        Sold/Gave To: 90goldcoupe | CB7lx91 | Jas_r34 | F20accordturbo | BatmannamtaB

Comment

LOL seriously!!! I know they say all that stuff about girls and cars and the saddest part is that for me that's true But hey, i'm here and hoping to learn something.... whatever.... i'm from california :P

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordLXgirl
            whatever.... i'm from california :P
            Haha what is that supposed to mean?
            What setup are you running?

Comment

that rattling noise cold be a blown strut. i suggest you take the assembly that making that noise off and check the strut. if you can move that piston up and down freely then you have a blown strut. other than that make sure that all of the parts are together tightly. all bolts are put together right and in order.

and welcome

Comment

[QUOTE=According_to_ME]Haha what is that supposed to mean?
                QUOTE]

admit it, we californians have a bad rep... and girls+cars have a bad rep... for right now, it's true for me... you're from orange county? i'm from near long beach

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                  that rattling noise cold be a blown strut. i suggest you take the assembly that making that noise off and check the strut. if you can move that piston up and down freely then you have a blown strut. other than that make sure that all of the parts are together tightly. all bolts are put together right and in order.

and welcome
                  it *was* blown struts!!! everything was just rattling around, everything moved around freely... i got it taken care of (professionally this time) today and i was only driving around like that for a day, but if i had kept on driving around rattling like that, what further damage would i have created?

Comment

Hmmm. I am making this noise too. DAMN it. I really didn't want it to be a serious problem. I'm still hoping one of my back speakers is loose and rattling. Becauset that's the noise I get... it doesn't sound too bad.
                    Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7
                      Hmmm. I am making this noise too. DAMN it. I really didn't want it to be a serious problem. I'm still hoping one of my back speakers is loose and rattling. Becauset that's the noise I get... it doesn't sound too bad.
                      yeah at first i thought it was something in the trunk the noise was so loud and rattling... does anyone know how long struts last? i've heard lots of different things, and i'm sure there are a lot of factors involved but generally speaking like on the freeways for daily driving?

Comment

I hope you got performance shocks/struts, anything else would not handle the increased spring rates of the coilovers. Something like KYB AGX's or Koni or Tokico's. Oh be sure you got an alignment after you lowered it otherwise you'll EAT through tires.

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordLXgirl
                          yeah at first i thought it was something in the trunk the noise was so loud and rattling... does anyone know how long struts last? i've heard lots of different things, and i'm sure there are a lot of factors involved but generally speaking like on the freeways for daily driving?
                          ya lots of factors like when you do a 2" drop and do not upgrade on the struts you can expect a lifespan of about two weeks. whereas if you do not drop it those same struts could go for years.....its recomended to get some aftermarket strut kit when lowering

Comment

you fackin broke it. way too go.

a complete list of mod's, brand names and all including whether or not you got an alignment done is needed before further help can be given.
                            Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Stock shocks, even new stock replacement, is a bad idea when lowering. You'll always get that guy saying "nuh-uh... I lowered my car last week on stock shocks and its fine!"... yeah, talk to me in a month.

Properly lowering a car is not as cheap as the idiots make it sound... and sadly, on these forums, the idiots have the loudest voice. You have a camber kit, so that already shows you have more sense than most... Get some decent shocks on that thing... at LEAST KYB GR2s or Tokico Blues.

Comment

Working...
                              X