Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Questionable suspension components on ebay? advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questionable suspension components on ebay? advice?

First off, sorry for not posting this in the actual thread it's supposed to be in, as i haven't had 30 posts yet.

for my 92' LX, On EBAY:
    -Upper control arms w/ ball joints and bushings
    -2 lowers ball joints
    -2 outer tie rod ends
    -2 inner tie rod ends
    -2 sway bar links

all for $132.00 (shipping included)

Does that sound trustworthy and has anyone purchased something like that before?

LINK: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUSPE...QQcmdZViewItem

you get what you pay for man

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
      exactly..cheap out and you'll be replacing them again before much longer.

do it right the first time..or not at all..i learned the hard way (damn ebay parts)
      -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
      -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Get OEM Honda ones.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
          Then the most expensive parts must be the best, right?
          2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
          Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
          1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
            Get OEM Honda ones.
            I just priced out what he's getting, in OEM parts, from Majestic...you'll want to be sitting down, I think.

$592 plus, I assume, shipping, so well over six hundred bucks, and he's still have a ton of suspension parts still to be replaced.
            2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
            Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
            1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Just use the cheapest parts that have lifetime warranty that way you only spend once that is if they go out again and youll save some money

Comment

those ebay parts are bullshit...especially the ones from the guy in Canada

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

"the thread it's supposed to be in"?

You have under 30 posts. This is where you're supposed to be.

As for those parts from the guy in Canada... I've been running the upper control arms and sway bar bushings for 2 years, over 20,000 miles, and have had no problems. I haven't installed the tie rod ends or lower ball joints. The LBJs are fairly cheap from Majestic, so I may just get those from them. The seller I bought from was armcan.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    "the thread it's supposed to be in"?

You have under 30 posts. This is where you're supposed to be.

As for those parts from the guy in Canada... I've been running the upper control arms and sway bar bushings for 2 years, over 20,000 miles, and have had no problems. I haven't installed the tie rod ends or lower ball joints. The LBJs are fairly cheap from Majestic, so I may just get those from them. The seller I bought from was armcan.
                    yeah the same guy. lets just say he shouldnt be selling his shit parts...they cant hold their own against our harsh climate.

Comment

I can't argue that OEM isn't best... it most certainly is...

My experience with the parts I got from armcan is fine though. 2 fairly harsh NJ winters (lots of salt), and they're doing find. I drive hard, put LOTS of miles on the car, and I've been lowered the whole time. I wouldn't say they're great (the quality is definitely not as good as the OEM ones I replaced), but I've had no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        I can't argue that OEM isn't best... it most certainly is...

My experience with the parts I got from armcan is fine though. 2 fairly harsh NJ winters (lots of salt), and they're doing find. I drive hard, put LOTS of miles on the car, and I've been lowered the whole time. I wouldn't say they're great (the quality is definitely not as good as the OEM ones I replaced), but I've had no problems.
                        hmm i dunno whats up with mine then, in no time the boots had already cracked and gone to shit...maybe a bad batch or they changed suppliers

Comment

It's quite possible. That, or your climate really is that much harsher than mine.

Cheap parts are always a risk. Ebay parts even more so, because you know nothing about the "company" that is selling them. They may or may not know what they are dealing with. At least when you deal with autoparts store parts, you're dealing with a company that has buyers that are at least SOMEWHAT educated on their products! Ebay sellers could just find the cheapest parts made by crosseyed orphans in some little village overseas, and they wouldn't know if the quality was good (or safe) or not!
                          I probably got lucky.

Comment

damn. i should have made a poll. I'm seeing a lot of "you get what you pay for"... which is most likely true..., aside from that i don't trust Canadians... I found some uppers for $70.00 (not including shipping).

1) is the actual joint itself permanently connected to the A arm? If not, i'll just make one or something.
                            2) "chassis 500 is made by Coni-Seal, N.J. USA." includes a fifteen month warranty, as opposed to other one year warranties... does anyone know Honda's warranty off the top of their head?

link to coni-seal page: "http://www.e-webcatalog.com/coniseal/cataloglook.aspx"
                            they look trustworthy, right...? heh...

Comment

As far as the upper ball joint. If that's a part you want to replace and need or want a camber kit also. Kill both birds with one stone and get the ball joint camber kit. And install them in your current upper a arms. I believe mine were only 150 bucks for the ingalls on e bay.

Comment

Working...
                              X