Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

STiff steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STiff steering wheel

Hey guys(and gals) the power steering in my moms 90 LX is a bit stiff, ive had my share of cb7s and the steering was soo light but this one is stiff. It had a leak in the winter and it ran dry but there was no signs of a leak, now its all topped up but its not using fluid but the god damn thing is stiff, not stiff to the point of having no p/s. do you guys think it might be the pump?
    what do you call 2 lebs in an accord?

Organized Crime

you deffinately fcked up the seals inside the pump when you ran it dry..

Comment

Originally posted by casterX
      you deffinately fcked up the seals inside the pump when you ran it dry..
      how hard is the pump to switch out

Organized Crime

Comment

easy, take out the belt, and there are two bolts holding the pump onto the bracket.
        The beginning of a new era............................
        165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
        184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

is it slow too? or just stiff?

btw, has anyone replaced their rack and pinion (entire assembly)?

Comment

Originally posted by dph92lx
            is it slow too? or just stiff?

btw, has anyone replaced their rack and pinion (entire assembly)?

I don't know what u mean by slow but Im gonna do it tomorrow I sure as hell hope its not the rack and pinion, im gonna go grab a pump from pick n pull tomorrow

Organized Crime

Comment

Steering doesn't slow down when the pump is busted... it just becomes more difficult. The rack is direct with the hydraulic power assist... I currently have no belt on my pump.. . not exactly easy to turn, but it's plenty responsive!

It's most likely the seals, as said before. When you let such a thing run dry, the seals dry and crack. In a hydraulic system like the power steering setup, shot seals mean no power steering.

Comment

if u want some xtra horses just get a manual rack n throw the pump away =]........well if it wasnt ur moms car

Comment

I don't think you can get an accord non-power steering rack, but you can just use your power rack with the ends looped.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                  where you been, is something wrong?
                  i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

mine was the rack that went bad...it was soo hard to steer.....
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

What a fuckin piss off, I was soo sure it was the pump, replaced it with another one. Same shit, guess the rack is fucked

Organized Crime

Comment

feel the metal hose comming from the pump the bronze color one that turns into a hard rubber line...

put ur finger on it and if u feel it pulsating hard trhen its the pump...meaning the pump is pumping but the rack is resisting the flow causing more pressure.
                        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by MoDawG
                          Hey guys(and gals) the power steering in my moms 90 LX is a bit stiff, ive had my share of cb7s and the steering was soo light but this one is stiff. It had a leak in the winter and it ran dry but there was no signs of a leak, now its all topped up but its not using fluid but the god damn thing is stiff, not stiff to the point of having no p/s. do you guys think it might be the pump?

I THINK ITS THE POWER STEERING.TRY REFILLING IT.IF ITS NOT THAT IT MIGHT B THE RACK N PINION....I THINK THATS HOW ITS SPELLED

Comment

Originally posted by Lroy onDA scene
                            I THINK ITS THE POWER STEERING.TRY REFILLING IT.IF ITS NOT THAT IT MIGHT B THE RACK N PINION....I THINK THATS HOW ITS SPELLED
                            Did you come to that conclusion yourself, or did you read the thread? Because that's pretty much what has been said over and over again.

Comment

Working...
                            X