Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Starting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting problem

every time i start the car and i drive for a while, i turn the car off and when i try to turn it on it cranks but doesn't turn on. When i reset the ECU of my car by taking the Positive cable off the battery and plugging it back on the car turns back on. Any idea whats causing this?

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Could be dirty battery cables. The next time it happens, instead of pulling the battery cable, don't touch the cables... at all. Pull the radio/aux fuse (I forget which one it is...) That will reset the ECU as well. If it starts, it could be an ECU issue. If not, it could just be dirty cables. I had plenty of issues with my cables being dirty and loose... had to spend $300 on a new battery and starter to learn it!

Comment

ECU is good was replaced twice to make sure and the main relay. Maybe the starter or the cables are dirty. Ill check on the the cables.

Comment

Definitely check the battery cables and grounds. Corrosion on the cables will cause problems. Loose cables will cause problems. Snapped grounds will definitely cause problems (pull on them... my fender ground looked fine, but it was snapped and just sitting in place... every bump would make the lights flicker and the radio reset!)

Comment

Ya I got that problem with my fender ground. But that will cause it to not turn on ? when i reset the ECU it turns on. hmm. Ill check it out

Comment

It might not be the ECU resetting that does it though... it could just be the fact that you're jostling the wires. That's what's making me think it's the battery cables.

If your fender ground is busted, definitely find a way to replace that! I had 93twodoorLX clamp on a new electrical connector (he was really into audio for a while, so he had the stuff). Been working fine for a while now!

Comment

k ill check on that.

Comment

*bump* problem still going.

Comment

sounds like you distributor may be going out.. most of the time if your driving and come to a stop the car will shut off.

i had that problem. car cut off on the freeway. ignitor went out.

pull your spark plug out sit it on the engine cover and check for spark.. if there is no spark. do the following

-Check Cap $19
                  -Check Rotor inside cap $12
                  -Check Ignighter $75

Comment

I get spark just doesnt start for nothing. Reseting ECU by disconnecting the Positive calbe causes car to turn on tried 3 ECU Brand new and still get the problem. The dizzy has a new igniter. whole dizzy is rebuild. I cleaned all the cable wires too and cleaned the battery.

I can start the car anytime i want when the engine is cold. But once its been on for a while and i turn it off. I try to turn it back on. It just cranks and cranks. I get spark but doesnt turn on. Once reset the ecu car is back to normal.
                    Last edited by Alex13mod; 10-12-2007, 07:02 AM.

Comment

*BUMP* I noticed I hear no beep when i put the car on when you about to start to turn on the car. but when u reset the ECU you can hear the BEEP and car starts.

Comment

*BUMP* any other IDEAS what can be causing this? or anyone near where I live to check it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex13mod
                          *BUMP* I noticed I hear no beep when i put the car on when you about to start to turn on the car. but when u reset the ECU you can hear the BEEP and car starts.
                          You need to comb over your battery cables/ connections like Deev said.

Comment

ITS NOT BATTERY CABLES, I CLEANED THEM AND FIXED THE GROUND ON THE FENDER. WHEN CAR IS OFF I HEAR A NOISE ON THE DIZZY LIKE IT STILL GETTING POWER. but when i jiggle the plugs from the dizzy it turned off , or i disconnect the battery the noise goes off.

Comment

*BUMP* anyone got an idea ? I tried everything you guys told me to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X