Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

frustrated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frustrated!

hey guys.
    i've searched and searched and read thread after thread.. however im still stuck.

scenario: wiring up a bumper pole with an 89 accord up/down switch.

issue: now the bumper pole has 2 main wires and 2 in each main wire.
    first wire: black and red (apparently these wires tap into the parking lights for bumper pole light illumination)
    second wire: 2 yellow wires ( these wire to the switch)

switch: 4 wires.
    black: ground
    yellow/red: +12v
    green/yellow: to yellow wire on switch
    blue/green: to other yellow wire on switch

this is how it was explained on some thread off honda-tech. i've been told that because of the up/down switch i do not need a relay. so i wired it up this way. the issue is that the ground wire on the switch gets really hot and eventually starts burning/melting away. i honestly don't know what to do anymore. any suggestions? any help is much appreciated!!

this is a quick crappy drawing of how it was wired.
    Last edited by draxo; 10-07-2007, 11:11 PM.

Members Ride

put some heating wrap over the wires.

Comment

sorry maybe i was a bit vague.. i was just thinking maybe it's melting/burning because the wiring is not right. any suggestions for a different wiring scheme maybe? or what am i doing wrong?

Members Ride

Comment

morning bump

Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by draxo
          sorry maybe i was a bit vague.. i was just thinking maybe it's melting/burning because the wiring is not right. any suggestions for a different wiring scheme maybe? or what am i doing wrong?
          Sup man I got your PM,

Yes the wiring isn't correct. I was trying to figure out which wires were which and when I was guessing which wires were which on a spare car battery,the wires did get hot and burned.

DO NOT TEST IT ON YOUR CAR FIRST!

It will be much safer to do it outside your car. You don't want to keep blowing fuses...you might damage something electrical on your car if you are getting power directly from another 12v source. (something else I will mention once I find my switch) You can use an extra slot in your fusebox so it will make your install look much cleaner instead of having wires go to your battery.)

There are two wires on the switch where if you reverse the wires the switch should reverse polarity up and down so it doesn't matter which way you attach those...it matters how u want to face the "antenna graphic logo". The other two wires is just negative and ground.

Lemme find my switch first and definately I'll help you out. The wire colors are different than the regular jdm switch so I gotta see it in person and play around before I tell u the wrong thing!
          I need a custom turbo manifold built....
          707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
          "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
          '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

sweet! thanks a lot i really appreciate the help. and yeah i kinda blew a few fuses today trying to wire this thing up... so i'll take your advice about not wiring it on the car first.

Originally posted by Kurobei
            Sup man I got your PM,
            The other two wires is just negative and ground.
            ground and negative.. are those not the same thing?

once again thanks for taking the time to help me figure this out!

Members Ride

Comment

Working...
            X