Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Someone give me Advice on these suspensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone give me Advice on these suspensions

I need new suspension but I don't wanna take it to the shop since it costs SH*t load of money (I think last time I got an estimate it was well over 1500) so i was thinking about doing it at home. Can I? I think AutoZone lends you the tools. I'm looking at suspensions (the whole kit for around...500) http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/pr...suspension_kit tell me if the top one is good. Thx

The top one is good , but only gives you a minor drop because of the springs...

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

get in mind about the kind of drop you want. dont get KYB struts because most people up here will tell you that its a "drop killer". if your looking for a 2" drop(which i recommend b/c it looks so choice) go with some Skunk2's, Dropzone, or H&R lowering springs. none of those will cost you more than $200-250. i know for sure the Dropzones wont cost you more than $150 shipped.

as far as the struts? i couldnt tell you about that. im running on stock struts with Dropzone lowering springs. rides good tho.

yes Auto Zone rents the tool you need to get the spring off the strut assmebly. but its only nessicary if your just replacing the springs with aftermarket ones. if your replacing the entire set-up then you dont have to worry about getting that tool. just put the strut and spring set up together while its off of the car and bolt on.

Comment

Well my struts are... uhh F*%ked and I figured I need to get new ones anyways and I might as well aftermarket parts. I am willing to spend about 500 dollars for the whole kit (strut and springs). So I saw that... ok I'm gonna need any kind of advice you guys can give me... Can I install it without tools? If it's not good, what are good ones at that price limit?

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/pr...suspension_kit is what i'm looking at.

Comment

http://www.shox.com

Autopartswarehouse.com=$457
          Shox.com=$416.68

Save $50

I got My KYB AGX's from them as well as my Tokico HP's. Not bad.
          Last edited by Father Time; 10-06-2007, 01:31 AM.
          3 CB's gone....
          1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

i would prefer the bottom ones.. so i can adjust the ride control. but not much of a drop as said before.

Originally posted by Devergote
            A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Adjustable is always good. KYB AGX are a bad choice for a drop, though. They limit the drop, supposedly, and the warranty is void if you go lower than 1.5". The ride is also not spectacular, and the adjustability isn't very noticeable.

The Neuspeed/Koni Cup Kit (Neuspeed Race and Neuspeed Koni Yellows) is a great buy for a spring/strut setup. Probably the best you'll find without buying expensive coilovers.

The first Tokico setup in your link is decent, the second is better (the Illuminas are adjustable) I'm not a huge Tokico fan, myself.

Comment

Deev is pretty correct. When I had my AGX's on Neuspeed race springs, it gave me about a 1.5/1.75in drop all around( Neu/race is rated at a 2.2f/2r) and I couldn't really feel to much of a difference in the adjustments either.

When my HP's blow I'll most likely end up getting the Koni's.
                3 CB's gone....
                1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Are you SURE yours struts are shot? Most of the time, the noise you hear is just te mounting unit on the strut itself, the bearings lost the grease, and they dried out, leaving slack in there. If you look at the shocks itself (on a really dry day) look at the strut and see if its leaking under the boot, if that is leaking then yes, your struts are shot. As far as the springs go, i havent really seen any accord springs needed to be replaced, just the struts/mounts. Keep in mind, if your going to drop it, OVERHAUL YOUR DAMN SUSPENSION. Keeping the factory shit on there will cause issues with overwearing of bushings, or alignment issues. Doing all the work properly will make you happier.
                  Hope this helps
                  -Js
                  90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                  2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Originally posted by js593
                    Are you SURE yours struts are shot? Most of the time, the noise you hear is just te mounting unit on the strut itself, the bearings lost the grease, and they dried out, leaving slack in there. If you look at the shocks itself (on a really dry day) look at the strut and see if its leaking under the boot, if that is leaking then yes, your struts are shot. As far as the springs go, i havent really seen any accord springs needed to be replaced, just the struts/mounts. Keep in mind, if your going to drop it, OVERHAUL YOUR DAMN SUSPENSION. Keeping the factory shit on there will cause issues with overwearing of bushings, or alignment issues. Doing all the work properly will make you happier.
                    Hope this helps
                    -Js
                    Pretty sure... cause if the strut is at a weird angle... well if you see the thing you'll think so too. So I should spend a little more and get adjustables?

EDIT: Guys remember... I don't know much about cars... so if I wanna change everything what do I need to buy besides struts and springs? I was thinking a "suspension kit" comes with everything I need.
                    Last edited by myc132; 10-06-2007, 05:33 PM.

Comment

I would recommend ajustables, they come in handy come temperatuire/condition change. But if your strut is sitting at an angle, that is usually worn out bushings, make ure you repalce all worn out bushings related to suspension.

Comment

uhh bushing?

EDIT: Ok I found a bunch of suspension bushings but which one do I replace?

http://www.innerauto.com/store/produ...nsion_bushings
                        Last edited by myc132; 10-06-2007, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
                          You can either buy the energy suspension master bushing kit or you could just replace things that are worn. Odds are that as old as these cars are all the bushings on the car are either worn or in pretty bad shape so the best bet is to replace everything possible.
                          Bingo bango bongo. Energy suspension kit is a recomendation befor eyou lower your car, its every neccessary bushing that should be replaced. Highly recommended.

Comment

dont get the the second ones the iluminas i hav them they ride pretty decent ,but they dont lower your car enough when i installed mine about 2 years ago u couldnt even tell that it was drop. my advice is save up a little more and buy a real coilover kit like tein,nex or even the tockico raks i heard they were pretty good trust me on this one

Comment

I got the energy suspension bushing and i dont kow if its the right one with misssing parts or parts that came defective but i would take it to a shop to install that shit. I only got like less 5% of the bushings in. Any way Some 150 dollar springs and O.E. lifetime shocks would have been ok If I could go back. Id buy the B&G Suspension with O.E. That would have been a big compromise between street and comfort. laters

Comment

Working...
                              X