Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Question on getting a new intake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok... restating the question:
    How much difference do i get vs. MY stock air filters? (f22a6) I'm still getting it cause you get better throttle response.

Comment

Stock intakes suck ass. Plain and simple. Expect a 3-8% power gain over stock, depending on the intake and the conditions you run it in. On an otherwise bone-stock F22A6, expect anywhere between 4-8hp gain.

Short ram intake = better throttle response and low end torque

Cold air intake = better mid-high end horsepower
      ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
      '93 EX 5-speed coupe
      Short ram intake
      Tenrai Himoto catback
      Smashed front end
      Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

to tell you the truth. An intake probably isnt even worth buying. A drop-in filter will likely do just as well.
        www.850fab.com
        IG - @850Fab
        FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by 98vtec
          to tell you the truth. An intake probably isnt even worth buying. A drop-in filter will likely do just as well.

Drop-in filter?

Comment

Does AEM cold air intakes come with bypass valve?

Comment

Originally posted by Camurai
              Stock intakes suck ass. Plain and simple. Expect a 3-8% power gain over stock, depending on the intake and the conditions you run it in. On an otherwise bone-stock F22A6, expect anywhere between 4-8hp gain.

stock intakes are JUST fine and flow JUST FINE. (with a decent filter element)

you should research more, just slapping on a short ram isnt gonna do crap! just make more noise in which you THINK you are going faster, which in reality you arent! and the money spent on a decent CAI...the gains from what ive seen (in reference to 98vtec's dyno session w/intakes on honda-tech) arent worth the money over stock!
              Last edited by SMseagren83; 10-03-2007, 10:17 PM.
              F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
              Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by myc132
                Drop-in filter?
                like a K&N or something of that nature. The flat filter that goes inside the intake box.
                www.850fab.com
                IG - @850Fab
                FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Oh...u mean the one i already have?

naw... I think if the AEM cold air comes with bypass valve then i'll get that

Comment

Originally posted by myc132
                    Oh...u mean the one i already have?

naw... I think if the AEM cold air comes with bypass valve then i'll get that
                    it doesnt come with one. its like 40-50 dollars i believe. And dont let your ears fool you when its installed.
                    www.850fab.com
                    IG - @850Fab
                    FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

the carb(?) sticker thing on the AEM... is it on the filter? cause if it is, then can't i just buy the pipes from ebay and just get the filters?

Comment

haha @ u guys and your "emissions"! j/k. here in florida, anything is game.

it doesnt matter how hot it is out side. its better too inhale the clean hot air outside your hood, than it is too inhale the dirty, hotter air under the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
                          stock intakes are JUST fine and flow JUST FINE. (with a decent filter element)

you should research more, just slapping on a short ram isnt gonna do crap! just make more noise in which you THINK you are going faster, which in reality you arent! and the money spent on a decent CAI...the gains from what ive seen (in reference to 98vtec's dyno session w/intakes on honda-tech) arent worth the money over stock!
                          alright ladies youve got your answers from people you wanted to hear it from! if you want the aem for looks say so...like smseagren83 said if you do some research you will find its not worth the 240 or whatever you pay for it.
                          just take all the bafflers off the stock intake so it is sucking in air from the box and get yourself a k&n filter.
                          wha la you have a short ram for 40 bucks that sounds just as cool and allows more air through to motor! and also when a cop looks in your engine bay it looks stock. enjoy (i bought p.o.s intake which i hate) should take my own advice!

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Working...
                          X