Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

whats top speed for f22a6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

....Its called a limiter on the DX/LX models. Anyways I hit a lil past 130 on my old f22a6 with just intake, suspension, and a good set of tires. I dont recommend going at this speed with a stock braking system. I coasted to 110 before I started using brakes because of the violent shaking caused by warping of my rotors.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204
      I'm going to say a stock f22a6 can reach around 135-140 with good tires and light rims. I've taken it up to 125 no problem but I really don't recommend anyone do that.
      yeah i been up to 125 in it when i 1st bought it. totally stock too
      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
        The F22A6 can reach a top speed of 500 mph.
        Blake.
        1994 Accord Part out!
        Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Honda
          Its a basic way of saying go find out for yourself just in another fashion.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

^^x2 on that...500hp....

Ive hit 121(+/-) with just an intake and catback. stock susp/wheels/brakes. I had pretty new tires though

the speedo only goes to 130 or 140(cant remember) so i imagine, even on a dyno, with mild bolt-ons, you're not going to get much higher than that. And just because your car can reach that speed doesnt mean you should do it all the time. Set your car up on a dyno and sit there 140mph. Let us know how long your engine lasts at that speed.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Of course this is all assuming your speedo is accurate up to 140...which it isn't.

With stock tires my speedo is off by 3% overall. I went on the interstate and used the mile markers and a stopwatch. Generally at 90mph per speedo I was actually going closer to 87...rough calculations.

So if it says you're hitting 130, being off 3% you're most likely hitting around 126...140 more likely 135-136.

This is assuming stock tire sizes. Now that I have slightly larger rims (240sx) I believe my speedo is more accurate.

Now I can hit the speed limiter on my LX with ease, no where near as easily as I did in the 240...it does take a bit to get there...also it takes some hairy shifting points but it can be done. I do not recommend it though because you're shifting near 6k...redline is 6.25 or so...not good to run there.

Also hitting the speed limiter I was around 5k rpm I think...while redline is 6 and a bit...you still don't want to keep the engines rpms that high...on a stock engine anyway. You run high risk of damage...let alone increased wear.

So if you actually hit 136 or even 140...you'd be hitting the redline and staying there for a long time. TOO long.

As to the danger involved...no amount of warnings on a forum will prevent it. I work at a hospital and I know the dangers, but I trust my abilities and I know/understand my cars limits, and that's what it comes down to.

However...I will say this...you should NEVER do anything risky while others are around...I will never hit those speeds with someone in the car with me or while there are cars on the road...if I kill/hurt myself that's fine...my stupid, my body...but you should never risk others for any reason.
              ____

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppa694lyfe
                whats with everyone sayin about not goin past 110-115. i mean i do 110 pretty much on a daily basis and i have no problems

why in the hell for what ?
                UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

I've never seen much point in going much over 80. I'm not in THAT much of a rush to get anywhere, and ticket money is much better spent on mods. I typically don't speed. I just like to get TO the speed limit as quickly as possible.
                  ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                  '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                  Short ram intake
                  Tenrai Himoto catback
                  Smashed front end
                  Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

if you're really intrigued at going that fast, do it at like 3am or something when nobody's on the highway, that's when i used to do it when i was 17 and wreckless. a 3 lane highway with good visibility and a long straight is what i attempted it on, amazingly it was pretty stable at 130-135 what i was doing w/ just an AEM CAI thats it. Now since i added 17 in enkeis and they put up photo cameras on the highway, it's not possible to go over 110. I just bought some RO_JA's which are 4 lbs lighter per wheel so who knows what that'll do.

member's ride thread
                    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                    91 Accord SE 176k
                    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                      if you're really intrigued at going that fast, do it at like 3am or something when nobody's on the highway, that's when i used to do it when i was 17 and wreckless.
                      Thanks for the tip. Btw I am 17. (turning 18 coming january ) I have personally taken my f22a6 (completely stock) up to about... a little over 120. When I was racing? about 110. (lack of cops where i live so i never got caught) I have 4th gen alloys and H rated BFG tires. I think i can push it more but at that speed, i can actually see the damm gas needle go down and I don't have much money.

Comment

haha yeah you better have all your fun before you're 18 otherwise cops can take you to jail, i got off one time and they just sent me home to my parents. i dont do that stuff anymore though, they started cracking down in AZ with stuff like that

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

even if the speed limit is 75 and you are only going 24 over (99) you can be taken to jail easily and the legal age is now 17...not 18...but either way, your car can also be impounded no matter your age. Going 25 over can get you the same even if your under 90, hitting over 100 is (according to the law books) guaranteed impound.

But not always of course...every cop is different and every judge is different...but...according to the books though.

I've heard plenty of stories about guys not getting their cars impounded. Hell I was going 27 over and I just got a $295 ticket...I was going 82 in a 55...fun curvy road...I had just slowed down too ;D from 90.
                          ____

Comment

25+ over the limit in tx and depending on how the cop is its auto jail time but some cops will write you a ticket. NOW if you go double the limit its auto jail time regardless. SOme people have gotten off but stilll you are most likely goin to jail that night.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i hit 130 plus with my ex-girlfriend in the car with cai/headers/catback/camgear..on a cold night it wuz past the 130 line then i let off it never hit govanor and never tried to top it out since someone on another site said it well do 142..or something like that idk its posible

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                                25+ over the limit in tx and depending on how the cop is its auto jail time but some cops will write you a ticket. NOW if you go double the limit its auto jail time regardless. SOme people have gotten off but stilll you are most likely goin to jail that night.

Ahh...yes I forgot about that one...double over.

I'd just like to say again...no matter how sure you are of your abilities (or your cars), and no matter how many times you've done this...

it is a horribly a bad idea to do such things with other either in the car or near the car. Even going 55mph you can end some lives very quickly...things happen very fast at those speeds. Having to slam on your brakes to not hit a deer while going only 40 will cement that into your head...cause you can't stop fast enough...going 100+...not only will you not stop...you could very likely spin and/or slide...that's a whole new series of issues.

Just remember...it's fine if you do it to yourself...but not to other folks.

Try to keep it safe out there folks.
                                ____

Comment

Working...
                                X