Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Unichip!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    You can chip any ECU I think. If you know how that is.
    but where do i have to go to get it chipped or what do i need ..how much?....any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Lroy onDA scene
      but where do i have to go to get it chipped or what do i need ..how much?....any idea?
      You can contact MRX here , he chips and sells chipped ECU's. Expect +$100

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

You can contact MRX here , he chips and sells chipped ECU's. Expect +$100
        ahh that sucks man i cant buy stuff online.no credit card

Comment

Originally posted by Lroy onDA scene
          ahh that sucks man i cant buy stuff online.no credit card
          You can do money orders. Paypal is the safest. Just make sure you have a checking account. Even if you were scammed , you still can get your money back, and you will own the scammer hahaha.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

You can do money orders. Paypal is the safest. Just make sure you have a checking account. Even if you were scammed , you still can get your money back, and you will own the scammer hahaha.
            lol ok thanks for ur help

Comment

If you can't buy from someone else, read up and do it yourself... the info is in the ECU tuning forum that was linked above. There's a LOT to learn, though. It's not simple bolt-turning... and you can do some serious damage to your engine by doing it improperly.

As for running rich, it's a bad thing. Rich means more fuel than necessary. It robs power, gunks your engine, blows black out of your tailpipe, and wastes gas. Lean is the opposite, and that's worse... not enough fuel. That's the problem people encounter when they tune an ECU. Leaning out the air/fuel mixture helps to increase power to a point... but after a certain point, the mixture becomes unstable, and can ignite violently (the gas is there to control the burn of oxygen, which is what actually makes engine power). When that happens, things break.

Go to your local bookstore. Buy a book called "Honda/Acura Engine Performance" by Mike Kojima. Read it. Cover to cover. Read it until you understand it. It's easy to understand, well laid out, and a full understanding of the stuff in that book will put you at the level of 80% of the people on this board. You'll be able to do MUCH more with your car once you know that stuff! I started with that book, and I was educating people before I even touched a wrench myself!

Comment

-hey there i dont think that swapping ur ecu for 1 out of a a6 will remove ur top speed limiter lol i have tried and my a1 still cuts out at 185 kph so there must b something else that controls the cut out.

Comment

Originally posted by accord junkie
                  -hey there i dont think that swapping ur ecu for 1 out of a a6 will remove ur top speed limiter lol i have tried and my a1 still cuts out at 185 kph so there must b something else that controls the cut out.
                  No its most likely you did not get a pt6 which is why your car is still cutting off. Anyway Deev I have that book lol its been collecting dust in my room back home for a while lol.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

On a stock car chipped ECU is not recommended. If you are plannin on building your engine , a chipped ECU will be a good investment.

Swapping factory CB7 ECU's won't give you performance gains.
                    Do you really have experience in this field?

Why wouldnt a chipped ecu be good for a stock engine? We all know that honda tunes the factory base map to run rich. When you get the ecu tuned the tuner can lean the mixture out enough to give you a full burn to the point of making the most power and not blowing anything up.

Also a chipped and tuned ecu will increase your gas mileage.

Any why wouldnt swapping a stock ecu give you any gains? The F22A6 is basically the same engine, Just the external parts are different. Swap on the external parts and change the ecu and you will have a better engine.

Comment

A stock engine won't see any gains worth the cost, effort, or risk (when involving a new tuner). Turbo makes it necessary. Heavy NA will benefit, since every hp counts when going NA. An engine with all the bolt-ons won't really do all that much, but gas mileage and emissions will improve. That's honestly all I hoped to get from my tune, and it worked wonders.

The PT6 from the F22A6 won't give much in the way of gains without at the very least the F22A6 intake manifold. With the PT6, H23 intake manifold, A6 cam, A4 header, an intake, and a 2.25" exhaust, you can probably see some decent gains on an F22A1... possibly as much as 15-20whp if the engine is healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        A stock engine won't see any gains worth the cost, effort, or risk (when involving a new tuner). Turbo makes it necessary. Heavy NA will benefit, since every hp counts when going NA. An engine with all the bolt-ons won't really do all that much, but gas mileage and emissions will improve. That's honestly all I hoped to get from my tune, and it worked wonders.
                        There isn't much risk tuning a stock F22A, or even mild. There's A LOT of room for error, which makes for a good learning platform.

But I do agree that it isn't worth the MONEY to tune it. But the results are significant tho. Probably does more than adding an intake.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                        X