Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

does my car need forged internals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does my car need forged internals?

i plan on rebuilding my engine sometime in the near future when my engine breaks, and I have begun my research so that i would know exactly what to get when the time comes.
    do i need forged pistons and connecting rods? i plan to keep my car naturally aspirated with no nos or anything either.
    will forged internals give me more power? do i need them?

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Search and if you plan on going all motor I would read Hondafan81 threads. He's one of the hardcore F heads on here that has invested a lot of time and research into his car.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

If you want to increase compression and rev like crazy, forged and balanced internals will be a good idea. If you just want to make a fun street car, you don't need to go nuts with it. A stock bottom end rebuild with some headwork would make a decent street car.

Learn a bit about how NA setups work... learn what the negative aspects and compromises are. Decide what your goals are, and then get the appropriate parts for the application.

Comment

unless youre going to run really high output from your motor, i dont think forged internals are really necessary. i doubt they give extra hp either. you could get high comp. pistons. research a little more.

Comment

Forged internals hold power, they do not create more power.

PS - You need NOS. One of the big ones. Make it two. And Harry, you need them by tonight.

Comment

what's the difference between low and high compression motors?
            what should i be going for?

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:

Comment

You need to do some research.
              It took me about 45 seconds to find this.
              http://auto.howstuffworks.com/engine7.htm

Comment

what i got from that site was that i need better octane fuel for a higher compression ratio. Is this correct for my situation as well?
                and
                "Make everything lighter - Lightweight parts help the engine perform better. Each time a piston changes direction, it uses up energy to stop the travel in one direction and start it in another. The lighter the piston, the less energy it takes."
                therefore...forged internals FTW!

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:

Comment

Originally posted by b3nsonx
                  what i got from that site was that i need better octane fuel for a higher compression ratio. Is this correct for my situation as well?
                  and
                  "Make everything lighter - Lightweight parts help the engine perform better. Each time a piston changes direction, it uses up energy to stop the travel in one direction and start it in another. The lighter the piston, the less energy it takes."
                  therefore...forged internals FTW!
                  For a street driver, N/A, no squeeze.....stock internals last a LONG time, and are a heck of a bang for the buck.
                  What's your budget for a forged crank, rods, pistons and balancing?
                  2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                  Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                  1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

lol, i dont know yet
                    because i wont be rebuilding my engine until i need to...

if i raise my compression ratio, will i need to run on higher octane fuel?

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:

Comment

depends on how high you raise it but yea higher compression engines need higher octane

Comment

My H22 has 10.6:1 compression, and I need to run 92 octane. I HAVE run it on 87 (damn NJ and their law against pumping your own gas... the ONE time I don't watch to make sure the guy puts in 92... ) but I didn't push it. I drove on that entire tank without topping 3500rpm.

Comment

yea it would be ok to do it a few times but not a lot, the reason being that the gas actually detonates before it is supposed to and results in what is know as pinging or knocking. this wears on the cylinder walls. so yea it aint good.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                            My H22 has 10.6:1 compression, and I need to run 92 octane. I HAVE run it on 87 (damn NJ and their law against pumping your own gas... the ONE time I don't watch to make sure the guy puts in 92... ) but I didn't push it. I drove on that entire tank without topping 3500rpm.
                            ^ werd?

Too many drive off's or what ?

Comment

b3nsonx: I gotta ask do you need it CARB legal? If you do and only want to do something once build it NA with KMS parts for the head. Oh and I think you need N2O.

Comment

Working...
                              X