Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

has anyone ever had this problem with their keys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anyone ever had this problem with their keys?

the other day i put my key into the car to turn on the engine
    but it wouldn't turn, so i tried to jiggle the steering wheel and it still didn't work
    my brother had to come and bring one of my spare keys and it barely did the job
    when i took the car to my mechanic, he said that things inside were stuck, or something like that, so he sprayed WD-40 into the keyhole and it got back to normal, but it seems the WD-40 is starting to dry off.....
    will this problem come back again? if you have run into this problem, how did you fix it?

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Probably need to get the lock greased or a new one
    wat?

Comment

Sounds like the key has been used too much.. You will need to make a replica of your spare to make that your main, or you can do to the dealership with the VIN number and get them to make you an original ( as long as the key was never changed before) As well, you may want to use a silicone based lubricant to lube up that tumbler, if they pins arnt fallin on your key the way it should, then it will lock up eventually.
      90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
      2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

My friend can't use his old key to turn his car on. (he's got a cb7). He used to have to jiggle the steering wheel every which way and pull the key out a little bit and then pray to god and maybe it would turn over. he went tot he dealer and for seven bux he got a nother key and it workss evrythign this time, so maybe it was just used to omuch?? no idea man, just tellin ya how he seolved that problem

Gl

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

yeah it was seven and change for a brand new one at the dealership and it's perfect now.. but I wouldn't get too used to spraying shit inside your key hole bro. it's wroth the seven bucks ! And there's nothing like a brand new honda key

Comment

this reminds me. the key holes on my old CB wear so worn out that I was able to unlock it using any honda key. even my civics. O__o

yours might be going out too

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

It happened to me, funny thing is that I was at a honda dealership buying something for my prelude and when I went to leave the cb7 key didnt want to work.

I felt like an ass going back into the parts department and asking someone to come and help me. But someone did and got it to work, they said that I need a new key.

I went home and hit it up with some WD40 and silicone lub. and played around with it, what I realized is that it only happened when I pushed the key all the way in.

Try to put the key in but not like all the way and it should turn, play around with it and youll figure out what im talking about.

Comment

yeah, my spare keys dont work if i push them all the way in
                but i tried all positions and everything, it was extremely hard
                i think that i will just start using my other spare key, which is NEW
                and hopefully that WD-40 will last a lifetime

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:

Comment

you just gotta find that niche in the slot i guess idk.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

my friend had a cb7 and one day she tried putting her key in the ignition to start it well it wouldnt turn over nothin the key got stuck inside of the ignition and she had to call a locksmith and they had to "pry" the key out of the ignition
                    Originally posted by jboyce
                    i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

this sticky key situation has happen to me as well.... so people just get new keys at the dealer for 7 bucks?

Comment

does getting new keys actually solve the problem?
                        because if it does...then im going to get a new key for sure

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:

Comment

yea....anyone confirm this?

Comment

Originally posted by b3nsonx
                            does getting new keys actually solve the problem?
                            because if it does...then im going to get a new key for sure
                            As long as the key in question is the only problem and not something internal with the lock needing to be greased or something like that, then the new key should take care of it..

Probably wouldn't hurt to grease the lock a little first with some good lock grease just to wash the WD-40 off before it dries and crusts up on the lock internals also. WD-40 is only a temporary fix for problems, it will only last and be effective for so long before it dries up and causes what it was applied to to seize up over time.. Later

Comment

Getting a new key can result in a positive and/or negative responce.... You can either get the wrong key (tumbler was replaced before) or the key works fine, and its like new... your best bet is to just get one, their only 7 bucks... how can you go wrong, if its messed, then whatever, but if you gotta replace the tumbler, thats where more $$ comes in.
                              90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                              2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Working...
                              X