Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

thrust washer failer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thrust washer failer

2nd set in 2 different blocks with 2 different cranks using the same clutch. Exedy Stage 1, is this my problem. Im gettin a clatter under load and know its my thrust washers again

1. Is everything bolted properly?
    2. Is the flywheel new or resurfaced? (I always recommend get a new one from dealer if you change or whatever you prefer)
    3. Break it in properly?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

1. Yes
      2. Resurfaced
      3. Yes

just got off the phone with Exedy/Daiken and the tech I talked to is going to have his boss get back with me because he is concerned about the setup. He said their stage 1 should not be holding up to the 260ish hp I'm making, actually said I should be blowing through their clutch, yet I have no slippage what so ever. He seems to think that the pressure plate might have a messed up diaphragm which is putting to much pressure on the flywheel and actually pulling the flywheel which is connected to crank which is probably eating my thrust washers up. I think that if their diaphragm is messed up I will be insisting on bottom end rebuild including crank cleaning and new bearings.

Comment

*cough cough* forged! *cough cough*
        90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
        2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

forged thrust washers?

Comment

Originally posted by js593
            *cough cough* forged! *cough cough*
            This guy knows not what he speaks of. If he is referring to forged crank, we already have one stock.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by thomas188
              1. Yes
              2. Resurfaced
              3. Yes

just got off the phone with Exedy/Daiken and the tech I talked to is going to have his boss get back with me because he is concerned about the setup. He said their stage 1 should not be holding up to the 260ish hp I'm making, actually said I should be blowing through their clutch, yet I have no slippage what so ever. He seems to think that the pressure plate might have a messed up diaphragm which is putting to much pressure on the flywheel and actually pulling the flywheel which is connected to crank which is probably eating my thrust washers up. I think that if their diaphragm is messed up I will be insisting on bottom end rebuild including crank cleaning and new bearings.
              If your pushing 260 you should be running a minimum or osomething around a stage 2. You should run a clutch with a higher torque rating than what you plan most of the time to prevent things like that from happening. Most name brand clutches will have a torque rating on there.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                This guy knows not what he speaks of. If he is referring to forged crank, we already have one stock.
                What i meant was if your gonna blow the whole thing apart, minus well replace the rods/rings/pistons

Originally posted by Thomas188
                He seems to think that the pressure plate might have a messed up diaphragm which is putting to much pressure on the flywheel and actually pulling the flywheel which is connected to crank which is probably eating my thrust washers up. I think that if their diaphragm is messed up I will be insisting on bottom end rebuild including crank cleaning and new bearings.
                90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

it's not bad to the point of even close to blowing up. LoL, the clutch is rated up to 190 ft lbs and it should not be holding to this power, but the thing is, is that it is holding great. 60 more ft lbs and no slippage. So maybe the pressure plate is out of spec and putting too much pressure on it then when you let depress the clutch it pulls the crank which is in turn putting too much strain on the thrust washers and eating them up...

Comment

Usually Stage 1 and 2 clutch differences are pressure plate stiffness. Thats the main difference and they utilize the same clutch disk or something similar. You start going up thats when the designs and all that jazz changes. But that still depends on the company since not all are the same.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                    X