Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

WEIRD electrical problem.. HELP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WEIRD electrical problem.. HELP?

So my girlfriend just picked up a '90 LX sedan (5spd) and sometimes she has problems with it.. weird ones, lol.

Problem 1: Sometimes the car will start perfectly, but if you turn it off, it just won't start again for like 10 minutes. It cranks, but no fire. plugs are good, dizzy is good, etc.

Problem 2: Sometimes the car WILL start, but the eBrake light stays on (even after the ebrake is down), the heater controls don't work, the radio doesnt work, and the weirdest thing, when she pushes the clutch IN, the STARTER starts to spin! (makes the grinding sound because the car is already running). Then you turn the car off, and try to start it again, and the ebrake light goes off, the heater starts to work, as well as the radio, and when you push the clutch in, the starter doesnt try to crank (aka, everything works fine)

SO, do you guys think this is a fusebox problem? A grounding problem? A relay problem, or what? This is my first post and it won't be my last, because this accord is another project I'm taking on. I already have a 94 EG hatch, and I know hondas very well. But this problem is just odd ::tongue::

Thanks guys!

Poltergeist

jk.....tough break there man...sounds like serious wiring issues though

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
    ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

Originally posted by 90-JDMCB7
      Poltergeist

jk.....tough break there man...sounds like serious wiring issues though
      Whats crazy is that it's all stock too. I found a guy local here on craigslist that will sell me the dash harness and fusebox for $50. I'm thinking its the fusebox/main relay and possibly wiring thats screwing it up. The car sat for almost a year at my g/f's parents' house.

Comment

Originally posted by g.baltazar
        Whats crazy is that it's all stock too. I found a guy local here on craigslist that will sell me the dash harness and fusebox for $50. I'm thinking its the fusebox/main relay and possibly wiring thats screwing it up. The car sat for almost a year at my g/f's parents' house.
        perhaps it has some flood damage?

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
        ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

Hey man my car is doing the same thing its the wiring if u turn the key to far the key will get stuck and you'll the grinding noise as far as the car starting fine and not srarting till after 10mins. it could be the main relay check that first and if thats fine than its your timing or fuel pump,fuel filter or injectors.
          NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
          DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud
            Hey man my car is doing the same thing its the wiring if u turn the key to far the key will get stuck and you'll the grinding noise as far as the car starting fine and not srarting till after 10mins. it could be the main relay check that first and if thats fine than its your timing or fuel pump,fuel filter or injectors.

its not grinding constantly like it would if the key got stuck. Its when i push in the clutch (you know how there is a contact on the pedal that allows the starter to turn over). It must be in the fuse box or main relay.. btw, i took a look under the dash today and its completely different than my eg civic. Where is the main relay located, and what does it look like?

Comment

For Problem 1 - check the main relay. No clue about Problem 2, lol. Definitely sounds like the car is just nutso!

-Heather-
              www.myspace.com/mmmpeaches
              www.502streetscene.net

Comment

Originally posted by theAcorn
                For Problem 1 - check the main relay. No clue about Problem 2, lol. Definitely sounds like the car is just nutso!
                I agree check the main relay and also check any grounds, I have a feeling a few wires and have lost some of there insulation and now touching, but I would assume that would blow a fuse. Anyways good luck with the problem.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

well your starting problem might be either: ignitor unit is fried or main relay needs to be resoldered (look for DIY). That should solve your problems. right before mine went out, the tack started jumping and the car would dip in and out of consciousness lol, it would almost die but the rpms would go really low. starting issue is main relay pretty sure.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

bad ignition switch??? it can explain it not s tarting cause no signal is going to the sparks....explains the radio not turning on sometimes

contacts are missing and connecting.....

mine was running one day and everything turned off but the motor...then if i played witht he key it came back on. found out it was a failing ignition switch.

oh also it wouldnt stay running at certain times unless i held the key down.
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                      bad ignition switch??? it can explain it not s tarting cause no signal is going to the sparks....explains the radio not turning on sometimes

contacts are missing and connecting.....

mine was running one day and everything turned off but the motor...then if i played witht he key it came back on. found out it was a failing ignition switch.

oh also it wouldnt stay running at certain times unless i held the key down.
                      I was about to say that. Well not actually the switch but the ignition harness from the switch to the fuse box. A guy came to the shop a few weeks ago and everytime he pressed the clutch his starter would engage, it was that harness. The other problems could be related but I'm not sure.

If you think about it it makes sense, the contacts are loose or stuck in the start position, but you can't start the car without pressing the clucth, so when you press it, it tries to start.
                      Last edited by rudy1980; 09-26-2007, 01:49 AM.
                      MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
                      If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X