Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

getting a cb7..that doesn't start..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
    well i wasn't there so i only know what you tell me, but if i didn't check it myself, i'd not consider it checked at all.

just start with the basics.

if the fuel pump isn't kicking on/priming when the key goes into the "ON" position, then you normally check the relay. if that's ok, then you wanna check the ALL the fuses. pull them and look at them, or check both posts.

then you wanna check the grounds on the engine (on the thermostat housing and from the valve cover to the frame on the driver's front, and just look around in the engine bay for disconnected wires).

then the ECU since you can simply swap it really quick and see what happens.

then you wanna check the fuel pump itself, which isnt' so much fun.

you can actually find a diagram and check the wires under the dash that come from the pump. that's probably easier if you can locate them properly.

you're lucky that you can swap parts between cars and check it that way. not that technical but it works.

check to see if the ground wire on the thermostat is connected RIGHT THE FUCK NOW!!!!!

Where's the Thermostat housing?

we were gonna put the ecu from my 91 to the 93

but it's diffirent model numbers

can i still swap them ?

or not they problally fit too

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris
      Where's the Thermostat housing?

we were gonna put the ecu from my 91 to the 93

but it's diffirent model numbers

can i still swap them ?

or not they problally fit too
      follow the upper radiator hose (the fat hose that comes out of the top of the radiator, almost as fat as my dick) to the engine. it connects to the thermostat housing and there should be 2 bolts that hold that little housing onto the engine. one of those bolts should have a fitting with wires attached to it and those are your ground wires. if they are disconnected, it won't run. if they aren't there, then you gotta find them, should be in the wiring harness somewhere close to that little area.

and yeah, swap the ecus, won't hurt anything.
      ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

spray some starting fluid or gasoline into the TB while an assistant cranks it. Be LIBERAL with it. If the car starts, then you KNOW its a fuel delivery problem. If it does not, spray some more starting fluid (most people dont get enough in there the first time they do this.) Otherwise, your problem lies elsewhere.

Disconnect a spark plug wire and stick a screwdriver in there, lay it so its near the block, but not touching (mebe 1cm) and crank away, you should get a nice blue spark.

Your car only needs 3 things to start, Compression, Spark and Fuel. Take one away and you have nothing. Check your spark 1st, then spray the starting fluid, so as not to inadvertently start a fire (never happened to me, but always makes me nervous. Though a fireball shot out of the TB once while i was messing with timing on a dodge.)

This should at least get you looking in the right direction, not "Well i THINK its this or that." If you can, do a compression test. If you can get a good compression reading, spark and get it to at least stumble on starting fluid its PROBABLY a deceptively simple problem.

Comment

When was the last time the fuel filter was changed? Just a thought? When was the last time it ran? You should also check under the back seat for any broken connections on the fuel pump. Not really knowledgeable but just throwing stuff out there.
          "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
          "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
          ><((((º>

Comment

just my 2 cents, but sounds like maybe your not getting spark. definately check that. Also i would crank the motor with the ignition for a good 20 seconds and then pull one or two of the plugs and check to see if they have fuel on them. in other words, the plugs should look like they are wet. if not, your injectors may not be working right.

i know you mentioned it, but look again at the fuel relay. pop the case and make sure those two spots aren't burned. really sounds like the relay to me.

5 months old and already a lady killer

Dust & Blood (my bro's band)
            http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=921 03410

Comment

he confirmed that the pump wasn't priming when the key was turned on.

Comment

ow fuel filter

wheres that located isn't that thing near the pgmi thing ?

and that spraying some fuel or starting spray stuff sounds dangerous

lol

i'll try to locate the thermostat ?

anyone ever have the same problem ?

Comment

Originally posted by z31na
                  just my 2 cents, but sounds like maybe your not getting spark. definately check that. Also i would crank the motor with the ignition for a good 20 seconds and then pull one or two of the plugs and check to see if they have fuel on them. in other words, the plugs should look like they are wet. if not, your injectors may not be working right.

i know you mentioned it, but look again at the fuel relay. pop the case and make sure those two spots aren't burned. really sounds like the relay to me.
                  idk man unless my cb7's relay didn't work either but mine is fine

so idk

i'll trouble shoot it tommorow when i get it

Comment

ow fuel filter

wheres that located isn't that thing near the pgmi thing ?

and that spraying some fuel or starting spray stuff sounds dangerous

lol

i'll try to locate the thermostat ?

anyone ever have the same problem ?
                    check the thermostat ground first. don't spray anything into anything or mess with a fuel filter.

if you can't hear that pump priming, then something between your key and the fuel pump isn't working.

Comment

yea i no

something between that

so what's in order from key to pump ?

ignition then
                      main fuel thing?
                      then pump ? idk

Comment

yea i no

something between that

so what's in order from key to pump ?

ignition then
                        main fuel thing?
                        then pump ? idk
                        electrical shit.

just quit brainstorming and don't worry about it until you check that one little ground. that could easily be your whole problem and would take 2 minutes to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                          electrical shit.

just quit brainstorming and don't worry about it until you check that one little ground. that could easily be your whole problem and would take 2 minutes to fix.
                          so you said it's the hose coming from the radiator towards the motor

that you said is as thick as your dick lol

but yeah what's it look like ?

anyone have a pic for better understanding?

Comment

so you said it's the hose coming from the radiator towards the motor

that you said is as thick as your dick lol

but yeah what's it look like ?

anyone have a pic for better understanding?

i'm kidding man, if my dick was that big around, i'd have something to do on the weekends.

it's the biggest hose and it goes to the top of the radiator. right by the radiator cap. follow it to the engine and that part that it clamps onto is the thermostat housing, and the thermostat housing bolts to the engine with 2 bolts, one of which should have 2 small wires bolted under it. those are very crucial ground wires.

Comment

the big black hose is an upper radiator hose. follow it to your thermostat housing

Last edited by rickyduckworth; 09-18-2007, 01:11 AM.

Comment

the arrow is pointing to your thermostat housing's ground wires

[IMG]http://www.****.com/pics/tstatground.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                                X