Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

p06 questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p06 questions...

i currently have a f22a4 ive ben thinking about a h22 swap but honestly ive never ben a fan of that motor i was wondering wat exactly can i get out of my car with sum headers, intake, exhaust, and a chiped p06 i just bought it yesterday cuz i keep hearing good things about it it.. and i dont kno exactly wat to do with it and im wondering how much of a gain i will get out of chiping it let me kno wat u guys think im open to any sudjestions cuz seriously im tired of waisting money...

H22 comin very soon

to be honest, headers, intake and exhaust were your best start to this project. If your going to get that chipped p06 thought, it might not even do you that much good. maybe a few horses tops. Maybe none. if you bought a new camshaft however, and bought the p06 as well im pretty sure that would be a good idea, i know camshafts are expensive as fuck. but so are chipped p06's. New headers, intake, and exhaust will give you about 30-40 MORE horsepower, 30 at the least. so thats a great start. it could be even as simple as a new wireset and plugs.
    Fun with Paint... haha.

OHIO CB7's

Comment

btw my buddy has an h22 in his Lude, he runs 14's alll day at the track. too high of a compression to turbo or anything, but his H22 is awesome. why not a fan of em??????!!!
      Fun with Paint... haha.

OHIO CB7's

Comment

The basic bolt ons with p06 should net some gains. A delta 272 is a nice upgrade for the F series motor. And there are a few F series that will run with h22a if not beat them. Hondafan81 project is one of them.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by inferno1414
          btw my buddy has an h22 in his Lude, he runs 14's alll day at the track. too high of a compression to turbo or anything, but his H22 is awesome. why not a fan of em??????!!!
          honestly dont kno y i dont like em i guess its becuase all my boys have b18's and k20's and shit and everrytime a prelude or an h accord step up to them they get murdered ive only seen one accord here in orlando that can spank a gsr and thats mr.phils and big red but thats a different story red has about 15,000 into that h22 but if u think about it a b18 with that same amount of money put into it will still kill the H.. and everyone keeps telling me that the single cam f22 has more potential that the h22..

H22 comin very soon

Comment

i don't know about h22 not being able to beat a gsr cause at the track i have seen them run around 15.6-15.9. With my h22 before i did some upgrades and a slow take off ran 15.5. And i can beet my buddys b16 crx from a roll and dead dig.

Comment

15.5 is pretty slow in a cb7. My buddy's lude does a 15 flat with a bad clutch and it is way heavier than a cb7. A dude that used to live around here ran a 13.1 on a stock h22 with a 75 shot with out he was running low 14s with out the spray. He had the usual I/H/E. He did also eliminate the P/S and ac but that don't change that much. I like f22 and I like seeing them go fast but H22 has way more potential in stock form than the f22.

Honda programs ecu's for power, economy and emissions. A good tune on a factory motor can make good difference. If you want to work with your f22 go crazy with bolt-ons. Cam, cam gear, I/H/E, lightened flywheel and a nice stage 1 clutch, underdrive pulleys for crank/alt/ps, h23 IM swap, engine damper, nice axles, good tires, MSD ignition, fpr, fuel rail, high volume pump, and so on are a good start and not high cost to buy all this. Pretty much all this stuff to put on can be done in the evening after work, and the rest is all a weekend project and nothing major. All this and more can make a nice difference. One good start is one of those hyperground kits off of ebay, which really you can make yourself.

Good luck with your f22 don't let anyone tell you its useless or has no potential. But realistically if you did all this to an h22 you will go a lot faster.
              vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

Originally posted by gromofsky_92
                15.5 is pretty slow in a cb7. My buddy's lude does a 15 flat with a bad clutch and it is way heavier than a cb7. A dude that used to live around here ran a 13.1 on a stock h22 with a 75 shot with out he was running low 14s with out the spray. He had the usual I/H/E. He did also eliminate the P/S and ac but that don't change that much..
                Well yea i know it was slow i was just trying to get the feel for it cause it was the first time at the track with it. But it was not running as good as it is now. but still me running 15.5s and beating gsr's is not bad. I was trying to prove a point to cb7rid3r.

Comment

14.9@94 with my h22 and my 60ft was bad!
                  and still 14's

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

You got a p06 without knowing what to do with it? Why?

For bolt-ons, it won't do much. You'd need a cam at the very least to really make it worthwhile. Seeing as you don't seem to understand what you just bought, I feel it's safe to assume you don't know how to tune it... therefore, it's 100% worthless to you unless you know someone that can tune it for you.

Comment

Working...
                    X