Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question

How much should it cost to get a valve job and resurfacing at a machine shop? just so i know i'm not getting screwed on the price.
    Facebook.
    Xbox Live: Call Of Duty4: Unt0uchable15 --I'm a beast!
    Member Ride

really depends on the shop what price did you get

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Well the first price I got was, I called this machine shop about a week ago, and they said $116 for the valve job and $25 for resurfacing. So that comes to about $141. Is that good?
      Facebook.
      Member Ride

Comment

i paid $250 for a new head, cam regrind, valve job, and resurfacing. but i did sort of get hooked up.

Comment

umm not bad is it a good shop???

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Yea, I have heard some good things about them. I was just making sure, I wasn't overpaying, since I'm a noob at cars, but, I have learned alot this past few months, and alot from this site. Thanks.
            Facebook.
            Member Ride

Comment

well dont just stick with them check around but do make sure they care about quality not quanity thats the key!!!

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Yea, I'm going to call a few places tomorrow, and see what kind of deal I can get. Thanks for the help.
                Facebook.
                Member Ride

Comment

Well, $155 for a valve job and resurfacing is the lowest I can get. All the other places I called they wanted $250 F*** that. lol.
                  Facebook.
                  Member Ride

Comment

Well it was too good to be true, I go up to the Machine Shop and they tell me, I'm going to need a Head Gasket set, and that comes with every gasket you need, Exhaust/Intake/Head gaskets, and Valve seals, Etc. They were going to charge me $150.00 for the set, which brings the total to $305 for the complete job, so I said, "fuck that". The guy told me, I didn't have to get the set from there, so i called Autozone, and I got the same damn price $150. Then I looked on EBAY and came across a Full Gasket set, with every thing I need for $50. Now this business has pretty good feedback, is it safe to buy this gasket? Let me know your thoughts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...spagenameZWDVW
                    Last edited by cleanwithit0607; 09-15-2007, 05:03 AM.
                    Facebook.
                    Member Ride

Comment

bump
                      Facebook.
                      Member Ride

Comment

should be ok, use paypal.....

and double check when you get it that it is for your application....

G/L

Comment

Originally posted by dean_harryman
                          should be ok, use paypal.....

and double check when you get it that it is for your application....

G/L

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Keep the opinions coming.
                          Facebook.
                          Member Ride

Comment

Working...
                          X