Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

rebuild and a quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rebuild and a quick question

so i've been doing a rebuild for about a month. it's been taking a while because i have to wait for parts and machinig, and also i only work on it about 2 hrs a day after work.

heres some pictures of the engine. almost complete. i'm planning on dropping it back in w/ the tranny tomorrow.

now my question is about my intake manifold. i purchased a A6 IM w/ i think an H22 plenum. but i had to swap some parts over such as the egr. but there is one piece that i need to swap over that i dont know where it goes.

i want to swap over that part circled in red over to this manifold

does anyone know where it goes?
    Last edited by ja23merz; 09-14-2007, 04:08 AM.

she's a beut!
    oh and that FITV can be omitted. If you look under your h22/h23 throttle body, you will see something VERY similar. lol. that is basically the same thing, so you're set man.
    and the starting valve goes in the front of the h22 plenum instead of the side of it as in your A1 manifold.
    Last edited by Cb7GHOST; 09-14-2007, 03:11 AM.

Originally posted by kc8enb07
    does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

ah alright
      cool cool thnx
      can't wait to get my car up and running again

Comment

thanks for asking that cuz i wondered the same thing...
        A wise man sees failure as progress...

Comment

does anyone know the best way to break in the engine? i heard just drive normally for about 600-1k miles then flush the engine w/ new oil. something like that

Comment

motor looks sweet

Comment

Originally posted by ja23merz
              does anyone know the best way to break in the engine? i heard just drive normally for about 600-1k miles then flush the engine w/ new oil. something like that
              yea man dont beat on it.

Originally posted by kc8enb07
              does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

I am not sure how honda engines are but on chevys you want to vary your driving to seat the rings properley so drive in town stop and go vary your speeds dont stick at the same speed for to long and dont do any highway driving. You dont have to drive like a grandma but dont romp on it and I say a couple hundred miles should be good. You should also re-tourque your head bolts after the break-in period.
                I need a 14b or 16g turbo!

Comment

ah thnx thnx
                  right now im in the process of hooking up the coolant lines and im totally confused. hoses here and there. not sure which go where. any help will be appreciated. pictures do wonders

Comment

check out the h23 plenum swap thread

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=plenum

it has the answers, its not too hard to figure out yourself though, how I did. Get an f22 diagram and an h23 diagram and you can figure it out.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                    where you been, is something wrong?
                    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ja23merz
                      If its a complete rebuild change oil 500 miles, then cut open and inspect the oil filter for metal shaving. If everything is good, Refill and change at 1000 mile mark.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
                        check out the h23 plenum swap thread

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=plenum

it has the answers, its not too hard to figure out yourself though, how I did. Get an f22 diagram and an h23 diagram and you can figure it out.
                        i looked into that and i saw some diagrams but still a little confused
                        the diagrams were sorta tiny
                        but i'll see what i can do

Comment

Break in just let the engine idle up to OPERATING TEMP (most people dont do that and it blows the motor) and romp the shit out of for the first 10 min or so. Whatever breaks will break within that time frame. Afterwards just bring it back change out the oil and inspect the filter and so on lol.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

can someone with an H23 plenum and TB take a picture of how their coolant lines are? I know theres some in the DIY, but theyre sorta unclear.

Comment

I don't think a picture would do any more help, the lines run down and out of view. The stuff provided is clearer than a picture.

You can download a bigger size from my imagestation account I think, or download the manuals from 'ab0ve' to see the originals

javascript:download('http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p0a53ef0517a81ba7d9519c90eb933064/efbb586a.jpg.orig.jpg')

javascript:download('http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/pe6d38a906d6de2bceb44aae1c23ed7e1/efbb5865.jpg.orig.jpg')

I don't know if those direct to download links work...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/or...8131372&idx=24
                              http://www.imagestation.com/album/or...8131372&idx=25

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                              where you been, is something wrong?
                              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X