Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

external to internal dizzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

external to internal dizzy

aright quick yes or no question (hopfully).

i need an internal coil dizzy for my h23 head swap...I can buy an h23/h22 internal dizzy and swapout the guts into my f22 dizzy right?

^^click it or ticket^^

yep there the same

Originally posted by CB7lx91
    aright quick yes or no question (hopfully).

i need an internal coil dizzy for my h23 head swap...I can buy an h23/h22 internal dizzy and swapout the guts into my f22 dizzy right?

Comment

no no no. You can't use your f22 dizzy on your h23 head. Yes you can swap the internals out but the bolt pattern is different between the h series and f series dizzys. If your going to buy an h23/h22 dizzy internal coil and thats what you want don't swap anything out. Maybe i am just reading this part wrong from you "I can buy an h23/h22 internal dizzy and swapout the guts into my f22 dizzy right?"

Comment

I was told I have to convert my dizzy to an internal coil. And that the h22/23 dizzy is internal coil...but for some reason I can't use the actual h22/23 dizzy assembly, I had to take the guts that make it an internal coil, and put them into my f22 dizzy and bolt that on.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

the F22 distributor is made for the F22 head, and fits only the F22 head.
          H23 distributor fits only the H23/H22 head.
          the only thing I imagine that is transferable from internal coil F22 dizzy to the H23/H22 dizzy is the internal coil pack & wiring.
          what you need is an internal coil H23 distributor
          Last edited by Cb7GHOST; 09-13-2007, 09:55 PM.

Originally posted by kc8enb07
          does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

Ghost is right. only the f22 dizzy can fit on the f22 head. like i said on my other reply f dizzy goes on f head and h dizzy goes on h head. If your car is external and you want it to be internal there is a diy on here on how to do it.

Here is what i gathered up from the diy

Internal/External Coil Issues:
            If your car came equipped with an internal coil then the JDM H22 distributor will plug right in no problem. However, if your car had external coil then you will have to modify one plug. The plug you will need to modify is the plug that went to the stock coil. There are is a yellow and a yellow/black wire, splice those 2 wires together. The Black/White wire is useless, don’t worry about it. If you dont want to cut the plug off and splice, jam a 30amp fuse into the end of the plug, making the connection between the two wires.

Here is the complete thread that this is from
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=5423

Comment

Aright thank a lot man, I'll start checking junkyards and classifieds for an h dizzy. Never fully understood car electronics

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

ok i have a question im dropping in a jdm f22b dual cam and the dizzy form the single cam will not fit so wat dizzy do i use if h23/22 dizzy is for h series only...all the single cam f series dizzy do not fit...and i can`t find the original dizzy for my motor

Comment

the jdm f22b is the same as the usdm h23a1 just minor differences. So i would imagine the h23/22 dizzy would work. find someone who has one and check it on yours.

Comment

Originally posted by bigarch24
                    ok i have a question im dropping in a jdm f22b dual cam and the dizzy form the single cam will not fit so wat dizzy do i use if h23/22 dizzy is for h series only...all the single cam f series dizzy do not fit...and i can`t find the original dizzy for my motor
                    I kind of figured this would arise confusion. Yes you do use the H23A or H22A distributor. If you are internal coil now and wish to stay that way. Find a JDM unit. If you are external coil now and wish to stay that way then get a USDM unit.

F22A distributor works only for F20A and F22A.
                    H series distributors work for the H22A, H23A and F22B DOHC
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

ok not to bring this up again but i have read all i can find on the dizzy swap.. and im stilla lil confused.. ok i have a f22 with a external coil setup but my dizzy has started to leak oil from the internal seal.. I also have the internal coil dizzy that i got with the jdm f22 im jsut wondering if swaping the 2 out just involves jumping the 2 wires from the factory external coil plug and installing the leakfree dizzy?

car is a 93 accord LX auto trans
                      thanks in advance

Comment

if its the jdm f22b dizzy then no you can not switch over the internals and use the jdm f22 dizzy. You can switch the internals don't get me wrong, but the usdm f22a distributor housing and the jdm f22b distributor housing are different.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett
                          I kind of figured this would arise confusion. Yes you do use the H23A or H22A distributor. If you are internal coil now and wish to stay that way. Find a JDM unit. If you are external coil now and wish to stay that way then get a USDM unit.

F22A distributor works only for F20A and F22A.
                          H series distributors work for the H22A, H23A and F22B DOHC
                          If you are currently internal, and would like to keep it that way, but the distributor that came with your engine is external, you can swap your internals from the stock f22 dizzy into w/e housing you wish to use.

Same if you are external and want to stay external. Swap out the guts from your stock dizzy into your h dizzy.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                          X