Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

way too fast in a stock car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whitejdmcb7
    what have u done to have 160whp and i would like to see proof aswell
    Where did I say I had to prove anything...Why would I even give a shit if he out did me? He said he made 160whp with a pt6. I have never seen anyone push that much power with a pt6. I was curious. Proof of what me making 160whp? ok...what does this have to do with me anyway...First of all I do not know what motor he is running at all. Since he mentioned pt6 I am going to assume its an F series. Cisco's red project came out to what 156whp on a mustang dyno (reads lower than most dynos). So him claiming 160whp is something else. Reading ciscos build it is not easy at all and takes a bit of work and money well spent unless he has some sort of nitrous deal or whatever other than that I dont see it.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      Where did I say I had to prove anything...
      Hey, Nail, I think his question was directed at the OP. It was misleading, the way he quoted your post though.

As to the OP, I'm not going to say one way or the other. Just provide graphs and pictures to get people to believe.

Originally posted by Maple50175
      Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

i said id post em when i get em

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

What mods do you have, besides the ecu?

Unless you have lots of porting done to the head/IM/TB, and a camshaft, there's no chance in hell you're pushing anywhere near 160whp.

HondaFan barely hit that mark with his red project.

Also, I don't doubt anything about the speed. Any car can go 140mph, it just takes a while.

As for the camaro, you were probably racing an rs.

What type of dyno did you dyno on?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

if you guys want to talk about really stupid high speed runs there was a dude over on ohio hondas.com s/n coltboostin. he put a 4g63t into a dodge colt. tried to make a run for 200 mph on one of our local highways here in ohio. if i remember correctly he lost it around 180/190. i dont remember all the details but from what i was told it was pure insanity. i didnt read about it i was informed by a good friend that was also friends with the guy that did it.
            Because evil is cool and good is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by lord helmet
              if you guys want to talk about really stupid high speed runs there was a dude over on ohio hondas.com s/n coltboostin. he put a 4g63t into a dodge colt. tried to make a run for 200 mph on one of our local highways here in ohio. if i remember correctly he lost it around 180/190. i dont remember all the details but from what i was told it was pure insanity. i didnt read about it i was informed by a good friend that was also friends with the guy that did it.

well this is a cb7 forum and we're really talking about cb7's...I mean McLaren's can hit like 230mph and that's not the fastest car...that bugatti hits like 250???...so... on other cars.

Of course the question "Why would you go that fast on the street you could DIE"

you only live once...and...it's Hella fun...I blame it on an abundance of testosterone Just make sure there aren't any other cars on the road when you guys do this.

My theory...If I kill myself doing something stupid that's fine (and yes there is a GOOD chance that would happen hitting those speeds) but if I so much as just injure someone else cause I did something stupid...that's not ok...not ok at all.

I wish there was a track around me that I could go to and test my car and release some testosterone...that's the main reason I drive a little harder on the streets...I could care less if someone else's car is faster..I just want to know how mine stacks up in comparison...get a gauge for how good mine is I guess.
              ____

Comment

i won't take mine over 90 or 100

don't trust stock wheels, suspensoin , and steering

plus my steering wheel shakes anyways

and no airbags so yeah fuck that

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

I've cleared 115 mph in my 91. My 13 year old son cut his hand open with a butcher knife and we FLEW to the hospital. I found mine to be surprisingly stable and comfortable at that speed. The strangest thing was; I passed a guy in an early 90's Teg as I was running through the top half of 4th and about a mile up the road he just flat blew me out. Even with the pedal to the floor in 5th, he just flat walked me.

The fastest I've ever driven is 150-160. I had a 70 Lemans and the speedo topped out at 140, but the needle was way past it when I finally decided it was fast enough.

Comment

my car seems fine when i hit around 130
                    Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                    -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Originally posted by 94Si
                      140mph your accord must be hits VTech very hard
                      Vtech very hard....lol!

My 96 F22B2 Non VTEC cuts out at 215kph/134mph. Only ever hit it once and probably never again. It scared the sh@t out of me. Thought I blew something when I hit the limiter. I didn't experience any shakes or abnormal noises. I was riding on stock suspension and 15's with BFG's.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X