Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

need some info for 1st turbo install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some info for 1st turbo install

alright checkit!!
    i'm a neighbourhood mechanic done some work from (bodykits, intake, exhaust, interiors, i mean i know what i'm doing just for the info) but one of my customers asked me to put a turbo in for him...what exactly do i need to do? i mean he has the whole kit from a speed shop he bought it from...fuel pump, injectors, piping, intercooler, wastegate, downpipe, turbo etc.

as for the computer do i need to have that chipped out? turbo tuned? how do i set the boost?

any help will be great

unbolt exhaust manifold- replace with turbo manifold and turbo.
    run oil lines (coolant lines if you want) tap oil pan
    run intercooler piping and intercooler
    get a basemap from one of the members on here
    replace fuel injectors
    and its a good idea to change the clutch.

do the research theres plenty of info on here.

Comment

Just a heads up on the ecu try to get in touch with MRX i sent my ecu to him.

Comment

d112crzy is also available, they're BOTH great guys w/ a lot of valuable info

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
        My Ride thread
        Flickr
        Originally posted by d112crzy
        And it can only get better. That's the best part.
        All I gotta really say is:
        People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

oh my..... Its really not as easy as slapping the parts on and going. Especially if you've never done it before.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=17090

This should help for starters.

As for chipping you can get a base map from a few guys on this site. Accord R33 is another guy who chips ECU's.

You don't tune the turbo you tune the Air/fuel Ratios. Tuning isn't a mandatory thing the car will run with out it, but it won't be as fast or as efficient as it could be. also you take more of a chance of blowing the engine and stuff. As for setting boost that is generally done by the wastegate and boost controller. If he has one of the DSM set ups then the wastegate is pretty much preset at 8psi.

Also check out Homemadeturbo.com
          "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
          - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

i say do the labor part.... "slap the parts on" and then send him somewhere to get it tuned. don't forget the oil feed line, that can get expensive if you do. haha..... funny story, but i will save that for a later date.

5 months old and already a lady killer

Dust & Blood (my bro's band)
            http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=921 03410

Comment

yea that what i told him yesterday...i can do the labor but not the tuning and he understood...funny story he just called me up...he broke his lower contorl arm on the right side ha ha...more work for me$$$$$$

Comment

thanx man

Comment

i'll post some pics of the install too...the car is sweet...i installed a R34 bodykit, lowered 2", dvd, steering wheel, only thing was he got a paintjob somewhere i dunno...but it's not bad looking

Comment

Originally posted by cloonj
                    i'll post some pics of the install too...the car is sweet...i installed a R34 bodykit, lowered 2", dvd, steering wheel, only thing was he got a paintjob somewhere i dunno...but it's not bad looking
                    wow i have to see that
                    Once a CB7tuner always a CB7tuner

Comment

DAM MAN thats a AGGRESSIVE front end. I lil to thorugho for me
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Make sure to change the oil and see if there is any contamination in the oil. Quick way of killing the turbo is contaminated oil! Also suggest pre oilin the line and turbo. Good Luck!

Comment

yea like the PERSON before me....

make sure u drip some oil in the turbo before connecting the oil lines...and install the turbo on the manifold before install them on the engine...also the car has to goto a muffler or weld shop so that a down pipe (flex pipe) can be welded to the turbine of the turbo...

BUT DO THE RESEARCH FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          A wise man sees failure as progress...

Comment

yea i thought of that but he told me that the whole kit he bought has a down pipe and everything...i guess the worst senerio is me taking it to a muffler shop to weld the flanges together if i need to
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by cloonj; 09-13-2007, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X