Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

:angry: Cruise Control HELP!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:angry: Cruise Control HELP!!!!!!

I posted this a LOOOOOOOONG time ago but I'm hoping that someones figured this out. One day my cruise control was working and the next nothing. I checked all this connections and nothing. I need it because I live in Orlando, FL and i have to travel almost 2 hours to visit my wifey in Gainesville, FL and it sucks not having it especially on the turnpike. IF EVEYONE THAT KNOWS ANYTHING CAN POST SOMETHING THAT I CAN DO TO MAKE IT WORK, PLEASE DO. I NEED THIS BADLY. Thanks everyone

Do you have a manual tranny or automatic??? And wat does it show that its not working....does the button light come on when u push it?????

Bump...Wear timberland boots when you drive they are heavy enuff to keep the accelerator down at wat speed you want....trust I use to drive from Orlando to west palm 3 times a week when I was sprung off of a long distance girl
    Last edited by Accord Fridge; 09-06-2007, 07:08 PM. Reason: addition
    91 Accord EX Coupe

My pics Thread

I play for the team I own...

Comment

i drive a 93 lx, automatic. yes the cruise control button lights up but when you push it on the streeting wheel. NOTHING!!!

Comment

mine didnt work for 2 years :P it was the fuse under the dash not the hood

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
        Originally posted by deevergote.
        But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

seen this a few times. The buttons on the steering wheel go bad and need to be changed out. I'm sure have already checked for a vacuum leak.

Comment

Checked the Fuses under the streeting wheel and hook...NOTHING!!! Also chekced the lines for air leaks NOTHING!!! how am I suppose to now if its the button on the streeting wheel?

Comment

put a stick to the gas pedal to the car and try to make it like cruise control..

btw: if you gotta brake just kick the stick in half

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

I would say that it's probably either the button on the steering wheel or the control box under the dash. I had the same problem when I did my swap... The manual control box is different than the automatic one.
                Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

yeah that is weird, mine went out once for about 6 months and then randomly started working again.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

if its automatic just keep ur foot on the gas

not gonna kill u

if it was 5 speed and it was a LONG WAY then yeah maybe cruise would'nt be bad

right

forget about the stick lol

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

i dont really have a answer to your question. but you dont need it. i have made several trips to canada (8hrs each way) an one trip yo FL, all without cruise control. hasent bothered me one bit., plus i would fall asleep at the wheel 10x faster with it

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                        i dont really have a answer to your question. but you dont need it. i have made several trips to canada (8hrs each way) an one trip yo FL, all without cruise control. hasent bothered me one bit., plus i would fall asleep at the wheel 10x faster with it
                        Ok im not trying to sound like an ass here, but how to you know he doesn't need it?

what if he has leg or foot problems?
                        wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                          Ok im not trying to sound like an ass here, but how to you know he doesn't need it?

what if he has leg or foot problems?
                          the he shouldnt be driving?

And im not trying to be a dick here either

If he has a leg or foot problem, there could be problems slamming on the brake too fast.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

This has nothing to do with if he needs it or not. IMHO it has to do with the fact the a system on our prized CB7 is not working...

Whether I need it or not, it still drives me crazy...

As it is, mine does not work either. Ever since I moved the actuator out of the way to replace the bolt that holds the oil dip stick tube to the engine. Left out by the Honda Mechanic who changed the timing belt...

I have not had the time to really work on it, but still read the hints and suggestions here for future reference.
                            1990 Accord EX 4dr Purchased New 8/21/90
                            1999 Explorer XLT V8
                            2001 Mustang Bullitt #2818

Comment

Working...
                            X