Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Anyone with Cold Air Intake Problems????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is this so hard to comprehend for people.

Get the CAI, the bypass, and avoid puddles at all costs.

The bypass is for those unavoidable puddles and anything extra but it doesnt mean you can tread 5ft of water.

if your not sure then you maybe doubt your own driving abilities in which case id stick with a SRI.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.PHIL
      RIIIIGHT ,i gained hp with mine
      where can I get myself one? how much does it cost?
      Bogey2Tone

Comment

Originally posted by Bogey
        where can I get myself one? how much does it cost?

www.ebay.com
        www.carparts.com
        www.google.com

They start around 200$ i think.

Comment

my cai cost 50 shipped.

It probably loses 2hp in comparison to an AEM unit.

50 vs 200+(aem v2) you choose.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

get a CAI and make it like a snorkel like jeeps and hummers have, then you can go through puddles up to your windows with no trouble lol, i've driven in cb7's with CAI and my car has a short ram and the ONLY difference is a CAI is quiter than a short ram. a short ram has more of a growl/howl from under the hood, but its harder to hear a cold air intake.

-sean
            Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
            Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              Very true. AT BEST, a CAI will give you 1-2hp over a short ram... and that's in ideal conditions.

Bottom line... get a CAI for the bling factor only...
              A serious NA build will use ITBs. A turbo build won't use a standard CAI (other than for charge piping... )

ITB's rules!!!!!

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
              My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
                Why is this so hard to comprehend for people.

Get the CAI, the bypass, and avoid puddles at all costs.

The bypass is for those unavoidable puddles and anything extra but it doesnt mean you can tread 5ft of water.

if your not sure then you maybe doubt your own driving abilities in which case id stick with a SRI.
                Yea of course....
                but in my area some spots you cant avoid and they are sometimes deep...one time i was told i was seen during a rainy day at an intersection that was so deep there was no avoiding it and i was making a right turn and the water level was above the fog light space on my bumper, and from inside the car i saw almost half my wheel was under water. thats why im worried about it
                91 Accord EX Coupe

My pics Thread

I play for the team I own...

Comment

Originally posted by Accord Fridge
                  Yea of course....
                  but in my area some spots you cant avoid and they are sometimes deep...one time i was told i was seen during a rainy day at an intersection that was so deep there was no avoiding it and i was making a right turn and the water level was above the fog light space on my bumper, and from inside the car i saw almost half my wheel was under water. thats why im worried about it

Well i mean im not everyone but if i was in a similiar situation i would have parked the car....id rather swim home then replace a motor.

Comment

either put in a bypass valve for large puddles or just take off the bottom half and put your filter on the first 1/2 of your intake. cai owns

Member Ride Facebook
                    XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                    SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                    For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                    X