Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Transmission problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission problem?

First things first, when I start my car, when i hit the brake pedal to switch gears I don't hear that little click noise.

Now when I start the car the d4 light is on. when this first started, that little clicking noise as if I hit the brake pedal was having a seizure, then it stopped and the light has stayed steady since. at first(this morning) it was going to the rhythm of the click of the brake pedal(which I wasn't touching)

When I'm in d4, No matter if I barely hit the pedal or floor it, it hits 2,400 rpms and barely goes anywhere, it acts as if the e-brake is on. THen when I hit 50, after taking about 25 seconds. even if I floor it, the rpms doesn't jump, it's not switching gears in d4. You know how you go a little bit, it goes a little, gas pedal half way, it jumps to 4. Floor it and it jumps to 6 and switches.
    So anyways, I put it in number 1 and drive it like a manual, and when I switch to 2, it doesn't shift. but then when I put it in d3, it shifts, and then into d4 it doesn't. It's like I only have two gears. So all today I was driving (so that I could keep a good acceleration and not get beeped at ) throw it in 1st, wait til about 5000 and throw it into d3.

What's wrong?
    And of course off-hand this is tranmission. My fluid is fine, brand new and not brown and doesn't smell burnt and full.

Now is this the actual transmission or a linkage problem?

Is there any quick way to fix it, kinda like bang the starter kind of thing to make it last for a few days until your ready to switch the tranny.
    Last edited by 407accord; 09-05-2007, 07:04 PM.
    No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

I vote VSS or TCU
    wat?

Comment

VSS?

TCU, that's the ecu but for transmission, where's that located?
      No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

well im bringing it around to get it checked out today.
        No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

I was having a similar problem. So I repaired the main relay. And it seemed to fix it for a few days. Check your solenoids, maybe the one on the passenger side.
          "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Well I brought it somewhere and there going to do a rebuild on my transmission something with the solenoids or somthin is gone anyways its gonna be about 1200
            No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

Originally posted by 407accord
              Well I brought it somewhere and there going to do a rebuild on my transmission something with the solenoids or somthin is gone anyways its gonna be about 1200
              Try a junkyard tcu first

also you could get a used in good condition for 1200
              wat?

Comment

Jump that TCU Code before taking shit apart and replacing.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                  Jump that TCU Code before taking shit apart and replacing.
                  drew12000 agrees!
                  "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

damn now people reply its too late
                    No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

hey man I hope you don't mind but I am having a similar problem with my tranny but the difference is that my tranny work ok for a while but when I start hitting the higher speeds and the rolling hills the Sport light on the dashboard starts to blink. At a stop light the tranny starts at 2nd and then goes to 4th... totally skipping the 3rd gear. Needless to say on a busy highway is a real pain in the neck. Can anybody help a guy out with some advice!?!

Comment

hey jayrob333 i had the same problem on my 92 accord i think the part is called shift solenoid not 100 percent sure theres two a & b. ok lift up your hood! standing in front of your car look on the tranny theres two round things on the left side of the front motor mount theres two more about three inches below that change the two sets and you should be back to normal
                        Last edited by 9accord3; 09-08-2007, 01:20 PM.

Comment

thanks 9accord3... i will try that

Comment

I wouldnt say its a shift solenoid problem...There is another solenoid inside the center console. Over there there is another part I forgot the name the brake switch sends it a signal and it does that *click* sound you mention. That way it releases the lever. I forgot what that part was called.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

its your TCU. Open it up and look for a burnt resistor. Thats your problem.

replace TCU--Done.
                              Seattle Silver crew #5
                              Member of the Midwest Car Club.
                              ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

Working...
                              X