Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22a turbo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a turbo question

do i need to change my stock internal to go turbo or can i go turbo whitout changing my internals on a h22a? low boost or high boost

thanks
    My signature works perfectly fine.

You need to do more research. H22A are tricky.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Low boost will be ok on stock internals, I personally wouldn't go over 6 psi 8 is pushing it. You have to realize that the h22 is rather high compression, and with forced induction you are raising the compression even higher, which can lead to pinging, so running on premium is a definite must!

If you build the block up, you can go higher psi, but why go through all that when your f22a block is already sleeved and has eight to one compression? Just put the h22 head on the f22 block, and turbo the pis out of it, it it blows, go to a junk yard and get another block.

Just my .02

Comment

LOL nail, we where posting at the same time, I just took longer than you! LOL

Comment

ye but even if i changed the block it won't put the compression down the head is still the same.what if i put a spacer that should help?

Comment

Yes, if you change the block, you will lower the compression.

Comment

ok.in that case it's better if i put the block of a h23 the compression is 8:1 non? and is a 2.3L

Comment

YOu can lower compression in multiple ways...Flat top pistons, thicker HG, theres a lot you can do to lower compression rather than just changing the whole block.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

all the info that is either written out or in warings for the average honda person is not fake, there have been many question answeres theories either crushed proven or tossed in a pigeon hole. Ranting or not there is so much info on hondas that if some one couldnt read long enough to learn their wallets and bank accounts should be depleted. Oh to answer your post, h22 have sleeves that are made of some fibre. a piston company makes a PISTON that fits in THAT sleeve mad of the SAME FIbre. so go search.

Comment

what the eziest and the fastest way?

Comment

I was figuring he wanted to swap in an h22a, but I was assuming, if he already has an h22, then yea, there are other ways to lower compression, but if he is going to buy an h22 then just buy the head, you know what I mean?

I guess the h23 block would be good, but, the reason to go f22 is not just for the low compression, but alos for the strength of the block, and it is already sleeved, which is something you should do to a boosted h22....

to each his own, I like frank motors, so a g22 is the ultimate in my book....

Comment

Originally posted by dean_harryman
                        Low boost will be ok on stock internals, I personally wouldn't go over 6 psi 8 is pushing it. You have to realize that the h22 is rather high compression, and with forced induction you are raising the compression even higher, which can lead to pinging, so running on premium is a definite must!

If you build the block up, you can go higher psi, but why go through all that when your f22a block is already sleeved and has eight to one compression? Just put the h22 head on the f22 block, and turbo the pis out of it, it it blows, go to a junk yard and get another block.

Just my .02
                        a turbo doesn't raise compression, at least not the compression you're speaking of.

The "high compression" you referred to is static compression. This can only be changed by increasing or decreasing the combustion chamber volume.

Adding a turbo does not increase the chamber's volume.

Now, dynamic compression, that's different.

Either way. There's nothing wrong with boosting an h22.

The key is getting it tuned properly, and maintaining it properly.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I was figuring he wanted to swap in an h22a, but I was assuming, if he already has an h22, then yea, there are other ways to lower compression, but if he is going to buy an h22 then just buy the head, you know what I mean?

I guess the h23 block would be good, but, the reason to go f22 is not just for the low compression, but alos for the strength of the block, and it is already sleeved, which is something you should do to a boosted h22....

to each his own, I like frank motors, so a g22 is the ultimate in my book....
                          the f22 is not "sleeved". It does come with iron sleeves tho. H22/h23 come with FRM sleeves.

Comment

All I am saying is that if you have 2 engines, one is 8.8 to one compression, and one is 10.5 to one compression, and you put 20 pounds of boost to both on stock internals, which one do you think is going to blow first?

Also, I can go to the junk yard and get an f22 block for a couple hundred bucks, an h22 is WAY more than that.

You asked what is the easiest and fastest way.

If you have an h22 in your car, boost it.

If you want to put an h22 in your car, just get the head. put it on an f22 block, cheaper, "Lower compression", and you have an f22 bock already. one less thing to buy!

Quoted form an acura tsx forum...

"I have owned every vehicle that has had an engine with FRM cylinders (S2000, Prelude, NSX) and i can tell you from experience that the drawbacks far outweigh the benefits. You cant bore/hone the cylinder, or boost it over about 7psi without sleeving it. They wear out much quicker when used in racing applications. FRM sleeves were originally created for formula 1 use, in which the engine is only used for one race. So what if the cylinder walls are glazed over after one race? Team honda surely can afford a new block. In street cars, the engines need to be able to go 100's of thousands of miles, and with the FRM sleeves, the cylinder walls are thin and soft under the thin layer of chromoly that lines the cylinder."

*END RANT, I am done talking about anything to do with forced induction, to many opinions.....

P.S. you have to change over some pulleys and stuff to put the h22 head on the f22 block, there is alot of info about the swap floating around the forum.
                            Last edited by dean_harryman; 09-04-2007, 02:20 AM.

Comment

All I am saying is that if you have 2 engines, one is 8.8 to one compression, and one is 10.5 to one compression, and you put 20 pounds of boost to both on stock internals, which one do you think is going to blow first?

Also, I can go to the junk yard and get an f22 block for a couple hundred bucks, an h22 is WAY more than that.

You asked what is the easiest and fastest way.

If you have an h22 in your car, boost it.

If you want to put an h22 in your car, just get the head. put it on an f22 block, cheaper, "Lower compression", and you have an f22 bock already. one less thing to buy!

Quoted form an acura tsx forum...

"I have owned every vehicle that has had an engine with FRM cylinders (S2000, Prelude, NSX) and i can tell you from experience that the drawbacks far outweigh the benefits. You cant bore/hone the cylinder, or boost it over about 7psi without sleeving it. They wear out much quicker when used in racing applications. FRM sleeves were originally created for formula 1 use, in which the engine is only used for one race. So what if the cylinder walls are glazed over after one race? Team honda surely can afford a new block. In street cars, the engines need to be able to go 100's of thousands of miles, and with the FRM sleeves, the cylinder walls are thin and soft under the thin layer of chromoly that lines the cylinder."

*END RANT, I am done talking about anything to do with forced induction, to many opinions.....

P.S. you have to change over some pulleys and stuff to put the h22 head on the f22 block, there is alot of info about the swap floating around the forum.
                              rant about what?

Don't be mad because you were corrected on a few things you said. It wasn't a personal attack(that's what I'm e-sensing from you)

FRM is fine. Even for boost.

I said what I said, and I will stand by it. So, to answer your first question "All I am saying is that if you have 2 engines, one is 8.8 to one compression, and one is 10.5 to one compression, and you put 20 pounds of boost to both on stock internals, which one do you think is going to blow first?"

The engine that is least healthiest and has the worse tune will go first.

For the record, 10.5:1 is far from high compression. Maybe for a stock engine, but for anyone that's into building/tuning motors, 10.5 is not high. Not like you make it sound anyways.

Comment

Working...
                              X