Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

whats the diffrence between 2dr, 4dr, wagon engine parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the diffrence between 2dr, 4dr, wagon engine parts?

can somebody here explain to me what is the diffrence between 2dr, 4dr, and station wagon engine parts? i've been calling around looking for the best deals at the local auto part shops i.e. autozone, pepboys, & schucks and they keep asking me "is it a 2dr, 4dr, or station wagon" i mean if its the same model i.e. Ex, Lx, or Dx shouldnt the engine parts be the same no matter how many doors it has or if its a station wagon?

Yeah, the engine parts are exactly the same for each one... well, aside from the trim levels, as you mentioned. They go by their computers, so they have no idea what they're looking at.

Brakes will be different, at least as far as the wagon is concerned. Engine parts... F22A1/4/6 is the same no matter what it's in. Hell, 90% of the parts on those engines are identical regardless of trim!

Comment

ummm lets say you needed a window regulator...IT WILL DIFFER weather its 4Door, 2 door..
      as far as engine....
      Wagon has a F22A6 if im not mistaken.
      Lx, Dx, has an F22a1..
      So thats why they ask.

Originally posted by kc8enb07
      does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

Do all wagons have the A6? I know the 91 SE got the A6, but I'm not sure what the wagon got... There was an LX trim wagon, but again, not sure what it got. Where are our wagon guys when we need them!

I wish I could just open up a CB7 only parts counter... Supply replacement parts to everyone. I could live off of that! It'd be my dream to make a living off of this site...

Comment

i always figured they gave all the wagons the a6 b/c of the extra wieght of the car. just my line of thinking on the motor placement in the cb line.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            Do all wagons have the A6? I know the 91 SE got the A6, but I'm not sure what the wagon got... There was an LX trim wagon, but again, not sure what it got. Where are our wagon guys when we need them!

I wish I could just open up a CB7 only parts counter... Supply replacement parts to everyone. I could live off of that! It'd be my dream to make a living off of this site...

Why not? You could have it on the web site, they place an order threw you and you have a deal threw honda or napa or other varouse company's and what saving you got, you could pass along to us. I know it seems simple when said but getting it working would be a challenge but I think it would pay off.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7GHOST
              as far as engine....
              Wagon has a F22A6 if im not mistaken.
              Lx, Dx, has an F22a1..
              So thats why they ask.
              but why does that matter if the wagon has a A6? i just read in the F Series Engine List "All listed above are Single Overhead Camshaft [NON-VTEC] controlling intake and exhaust, for the most part having interchangeable parts."?

i'm asking this question because wagon parts are cheaper for some reason.

Comment

Here I come to save the day! (in the voice )

Not all wagons have an a6, sadly

I'm sitting down here with an 91 LX F22a1

Originally posted by Shadow1
                i always figured they gave all the wagons the a6 b/c of the extra wieght of the car. just my line of thinking on the motor placement in the cb line.
                As for the weight differences, I've never been able to find the numbers on this. Can someone provide a link to the stock weights of sedan/coupe/wagon please? BTW, this is a complete thread jack

Back on topic, as long as the parts are the same (ie. check part numbers b/t the two) then buy whatever is cheaper. No one can give a master list of what each site is selling and if they are compatible. There is a certain amount of research you are going to have to do.
                Last edited by Tnwagn; 09-04-2007, 11:52 AM.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

The wagons are about 200lbs heavier, I believe. Edmunds or ConsumerGuide show the specs, I think. Heading to work now, so I don't have the time to check!

Comment

so does anybody know if the wagon coil would work on a 4dr Ex?

Comment

Originally posted by golden_accord
                      so does anybody know if the wagon coil would work on a 4dr Ex?
                      The parts aren't dependent on the body style, it's dependent on the engine type you are working with. I'm not sure if it would work or not, search around to see if coils are interchagable between different engines ( I think there is a difference b/t 90-91 and 92-93)

The wagons are about 200lbs heavier, I believe. Edmunds or ConsumerGuide show the specs, I think. Heading to work now, so I don't have the time to check!
                      200lbs!?!?!?!?!?!? Damn. Well, looks like it's time to start getting rid of some stuff.

Comment

yea, everytime i go to order a part they ask me such dumb things

me: i need a climate control knob

them: 2 dr or 4dr?

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn
                          The parts aren't dependent on the body style, it's dependent on the engine type you are working with. I'm not sure if it would work or not, search around to see if coils are interchagable between different engines ( I think there is a difference b/t 90-91 and 92-93)
                          i understand it depends on the engine type. if you read my above post

but why does that matter if the wagon has a A6? i just read in the F Series Engine List "All listed above are Single Overhead Camshaft [NON-VTEC] controlling intake and exhaust, for the most part having interchangeable parts."?

i'm asking this question because wagon parts are cheaper for some reason.
                          so now your saying it also depends on if its a 90-91 and 92-93?

Comment

so now your saying it also depends on if its a 90-91 and 92-93?
                            For the distrubutor coil, yes. This comes from my resuslts from "coil 90 91 92 93"

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...highlight=coil

I know it may seem a little stand-offish for me to tell you to search, but if you are wondering about a specific piece of equipment, it doesn't hurt to search about it.

As for any other parts and compatibility, I'm not the one to be answering questions. The extent of my engine knowledge ends at the hood latch

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn
                              For the distrubutor coil, yes. This comes from my resuslts from "coil 90 91 92 93"

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...highlight=coil

I know it may seem a little stand-offish for me to tell you to search, but if you are wondering about a specific piece of equipment, it doesn't hurt to search about it.

As for any other parts and compatibility, I'm not the one to be answering questions. The extent of my engine knowledge ends at the hood latch
                              ok so 90-91's have internal coils and 92-93 have external but that doesnt answer my question about other external coil from diffrent models being interchangable.

Comment

Working...
                              X