Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rebuilt Tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuilt Tranny

Has any one ever rebuilt a f22 tranny with upgraded parts so that is runs better or equal to the h22 tranny?

What do you mean by "runs better"? The F22 tranny has different gearing, so it will always be different. Both transmissions are about equal in strength.

I don't know anyone on here that has done a full rebuild themselves, aside from perhaps a few of the very serious tuners (bisimoto, 2point6... anyone who is actually in the business). h22sparkle had a couple transmissions rebuilt by GearSpeed in AZ, and he said they were absolutely amazing (with the addition of a Quaife LSD as well). I'm hoping to go that route when I can afford the $2000 pricetag ($1200 for the rebuild, $800 for the LSD)

Comment

I mean after you rebuild it and put it on an H22 will it drive better then the h22 trannys cause i know the h22 gears are closer.

Comment

Originally posted by DTaccords85
        I mean after you rebuild it and put it on an H22 will it drive better then the h22 trannys cause i know the h22 gears are closer.

This didnt make much sense. H22 trannies are preferable for H22s so you can stay in your powerband when you shift (vtec). ITs not a question of strength, its just gear ratios.

@ Deev, what did gearspeed change? Beyond the addition of the quaife. I think an H22 with a F22 5th gear would be nice for a daily driver/highway car. I looked through their site, it reminds me of Gran Turisimo, lol.

Too bad we cant snake an RSX Type-s 6 speed.

Comment

It cheaper to source an h22a tranny rather than making one...If you really want h22 gearing just buy an h22 tranny. Gearspeed can build one from ground up but prepare to spend some money. Plus if you are basically stock really nothing needs to be upgraded.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I think for h22 sparkle it was 1200 to replace synchros and such, everything that wears inside a transmission (I'm not that knowledgeable about the internals of a tranny myself). They also replaced a gear as well, since he had pretty much destroyed it. Whatever gear it was, 3?, 5?, they had to use a USDM one, since they didn't have the JDM gear on hand.

They have the option of carbon synchros, but I've heard that they aren't a good idea for a daily driver. I don't have anything to back that up though.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
              I think for h22 sparkle it was 1200 to replace synchros and such, everything that wears inside a transmission (I'm not that knowledgeable about the internals of a tranny myself). They also replaced a gear as well, since he had pretty much destroyed it. Whatever gear it was, 3?, 5?, they had to use a USDM one, since they didn't have the JDM gear on hand.

They have the option of carbon synchros, but I've heard that they aren't a good idea for a daily driver. I don't have anything to back that up though.
              Honda transmissions are almost bullet proof. Yes there are weak points. The weakest point in honda transmissions is usually the synchros. Gears wear out but rarely they are made to last. its sometimes the small things that get you.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

So im better off getting the h22 tranny. I just did an auto to 5speed swap and the car is quicker then before but when i race people i still get beat. I don't know if it is because i don't know how to race with a 5sd tranny or what.

Comment

Working...
                X