Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

not as tech. but ? about DIY black housed headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not as tech. but ? about DIY black housed headlights

i cant manage to get the lense of the headlight out the housing seems to weak ive tried heat ive tried razor everything prying but i dont want to break it .. ?? any idea's im up for anything ...
    we ride for riding we drive for the passion we dont have money other's do .. we do this for the love of our car's ... we are ...Barcode

r u tryin 2 take the lens off again 2 paint them
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=blackhouse

same concept.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

no i did the eyelids on the car never took the lenses out.... so im lost i took the metal conecting brakets on the headlights off and heated up around where the seal is but still nothing ... im somewhat lost on idea's on what to do about getting them apart ....
        we ride for riding we drive for the passion we dont have money other's do .. we do this for the love of our car's ... we are ...Barcode

Comment

just be patient with a heat gun. it took me about 15-20 mins of just heating up the headlights before they started to come off. use a flat head screwdriver to pry the silicone.
          Hold On Not Done Accelerating
          Had One Never Did Again

Comment

be carful because the edges are hot and with the screwdriver it will break the edges,as it happened to me

Comment

yeah i got to the point of where the edges got hot and broke a little haha made it that far but so basicly heat gun for 15-20 and hope for some luck haha well hey thanks guy's i thought i was doing something wrong LOL

Comment

Throw it in the oven. Sounds like your using a heat gun. It only focus heat in one area compared to an oven.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                  Throw it in the oven. Sounds like your using a heat gun. It only focus heat in one area compared to an oven.
                  x2, made mine easy
                  wat?

Comment

I hate to bring up things that are kinda irrelavant, but the bulbs themselves, damn they are hard to get to, the only way i can see to get to them is removing the entire front end... is this true or no?I have some pretty big hands, so its kinda ahrd to get in there, suggesttions?
                    90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                    2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Originally posted by js593
                      I hate to bring up things that are kinda irrelavant, but the bulbs themselves, damn they are hard to get to, the only way i can see to get to them is removing the entire front end... is this true or no?I have some pretty big hands, so its kinda ahrd to get in there, suggesttions?
                      huh?
                      its in front of the battery/cruse/cnt with enough room
                      wat?

Comment

It just takes a while to get off and you twist the plastic cover that locks the bulb in place and it comes out. You dont need to take anything apart. Maybe battery for some extra room and Cruise Control if you have big hands.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

honestly it depends on which way you want to go with it yes removing the battery would make it alot eaiser and if you have never removed the light's before it's gonna be a b*tch trying to get a good grab on the plastic cover holding the bulb in but other than that just pull out what is ti 2or maybe 3 bolts and the cruise unit pops right out do that and your home free .. good luck boss

Comment

throw that ish in the oven. thats what i did, took bout 5 min to heat and 5 min to take apart each headlight, just follow on of the blackhouse diy.

take your time tho, i do stuff like this for my job daily, all i can say is if you get frustrated take a break cuz you will break something lol. good luck dude

Member Ride Facebook
                            XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                            For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                            X