Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

huge brake problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

huge brake problem

well this guy told us that he put in oil in where his brake fluids are supposed to be and well now his brakes don't work so what could be the problem we tried flushing the brake system but it still doesn't work

He most likely will need to replace some stuff. What kinda of oil normal engine oil? Worst case scenario it eats up the seals. When you say brakes dont work pedal sinks or what.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

if pedal sinks its like amster cyl, happened to me its anonyin it cost me a arm im like an idiot but i gavem my arm

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
      out of the game for now but looking

Comment

brake fluid is hydraulic fluid because of the single fact that it does not compress. oil does as far as im aware... so even though youre creating pressure with the pedal, the pressure in the lines is building, but the oil absorbs it and doesnt transfer any of the pressure outward at the pistons...

if oil got into the lines and it was bled that way, the system is completely compromised and it needs to be flushed out with brand new brake fluid... try bleeding it a LOT or using a vacuum sucker thing and suck fluid out of the calipers...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

well we were told it was just regular oil but my dad says we have to replace the whole brake system which sounds extreme. So cp[mike] we just have to bleed it a lot until it actually works and hopefully cause i'm thinking about buying it than my messed up cb7

Comment

You need to flush the oil out, then replace all the rubber parts. Brake fluid does not eat seals, oil can. It should not have caused an immediate problem as far as i know. Its more of future issue, like oh shit, where did my breaks go.

If i'm not mistaken, all fluids can be compressed, it just takes so much energy to do so its not possible in these types of applications...Motor oil included.
            Therefore, it leads me to belive you have another problem with your breaks, i dont think motor oil would eat a seal that fast.

Comment

do you mean piston caliper seals or what other seals ?

Comment

And wheel cyliners, if applicable, as well as the rubber lines at the wheels. I belive theres a seal in the master as well, ive never had to mess with one so im not sure.

Comment

how much would it all cost to replace

Comment

Master cylinder - New from honda only - remanned or new ones from another company tend to have alot of issues.
                    2 front brake calipers -120$/ caliper
                    2 front brake hoses - 30$ each (approx)
                    2 rear brake calipers/or 2 rear brake cylinders - 40-50$ per cylinder
                    2 rear brake hoses - 30$ each approx
                    COMPLETE flush of your brake system... you need to get that engine oil OUT of the system, if any of it is left, it will eat away at the new stuff you just put in, i would also recommend replacing your brake lines, if there was any corosion on them before, it will just get worse faster. Its not an easy process, But if your going to do all this work, you minus well put stainless steel brake lines as well, with DOT4 brake fluid (i hear this is the best thing you can do with these accords...)
                    Good luck
                    Last edited by js593; 09-03-2007, 09:49 AM.
                    90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                    2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

one time i poured powersteering fluid in there on my civic, i thought i was fucked, but i just bled it with a couple cans of break fluid and it started working again.
                      ]

Comment

Working...
                      X