Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cleaning IM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning IM

I've got an A6 IM...it's presently out of the car and I wanted to clean a bit before swapping it in my A4...my question is can I use brake cleaner to clean it...I heard from a friend that it may damage aluminum parts 'cause it's strong shit.
    You know kid...some day this war is gonna end (sob)... C.O Kilroy (Apocalypse Now)

You can use engine cleaner if you don't want to use brake cleaner

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

brake cleaner doesn't hurt any aluminium parts. the thing with that is that it evaporates real fast so you don't have time to scrub and clean lol.
      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

If you can find it, get like 6 cans of CRC heavy duty degreaser and spray the hell outa that thing. You aren't supposed to scrub...the degreaser comes out under pressure and "washes" most of the crap away....then do a light wipe up and you are set. If that doesn't work...get some green scotch brite pads and clean with that....then find grey or blue scotch brite pads to polish that puppy up. A cordless drill with a 10-12 inch extension and a slot cut in the end helps wonders for the scotch brite...cut into 3 inch squares if you are gonna do that.

I have been wanting to do this for a while...maybe soon.

Check out ESP engine mount kits for your CB7!!!

Comment

brake cleaner will work just fine.
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

i'm doing my IM and for the exterior i used a degreaser.
            for the runners i used a carbon cleaner [STP and another brand]
            i cleaned all the runners, will do the egr ports soon, but where the EGR valve was sitting = super dirty. On that i'm on my 3rd can of Carbon Cleaner and is cleaning little by little.

any recommendations?
            Member's Page:: Coming Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Aeromech
              If you can find it, get like 6 cans of CRC heavy duty degreaser and spray the hell outa that thing. You aren't supposed to scrub...the degreaser comes out under pressure and "washes" most of the crap away....then do a light wipe up and you are set. If that doesn't work...get some green scotch brite pads and clean with that....then find grey or blue scotch brite pads to polish that puppy up. A cordless drill with a 10-12 inch extension and a slot cut in the end helps wonders for the scotch brite...cut into 3 inch squares if you are gonna do that.

I have been wanting to do this for a while...maybe soon.
              that sounds like a great idea, cus i'am also waiting to install an a6 IM, have you heard of anyone doing this before if so, how were their results?
              ZING!

MY RIDE

-=HondaSpace=-

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_honda_PIG
                that sounds like a great idea, cus i'am also waiting to install an a6 IM, have you heard of anyone doing this before if so, how were their results?
                That is how I clean stuff on the airplanes at work...and if you use the scotch brite you will get a bit of P&P action.

Check out ESP engine mount kits for your CB7!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aeromech
                  That is how I clean stuff on the airplanes at work...and if you use the scotch brite you will get a bit of P&P action.
                  that sounds like some pretty cool shit, ima have to give it a try

ps. you work on planes that tight!

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                  My Ride thread
                  Flickr
                  Originally posted by d112crzy
                  And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                  All I gotta really say is:
                  People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

I used brake clean to clean my trans that was fun but as mentioned it dries up quick. When I cleaned my a6 mani on my free time I cleaned it with a brush deal on my dremel with carb cleaner.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                    X