Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

dummy door lights on the dash ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dummy door lights on the dash ???

ok.. the damn indicators in the cluster that tells you if you have a door open. what would cause them to all light up going down the road ??? i mean it was telling me that all four doors and trunk was open. it would come on for a second or two and then go off. it didn't do this before.. the car sat for a week. then get in it tonight and it does this.. what the hell !!

Originally posted by Devergote
    A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

i need 2 know this 2 mines do that some times

Only Hard Thing is Keeping it Clean
    my ride

Comment

well.. at least someone else has had this problem.

Originally posted by Devergote
      A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Possibly a short, sounds like a minor electrical issue

Comment

Whoa mine started doing that today.. anybody know the cause?

Comment

test the door switch, its the little black slide doodad in the door jamb

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

might be the early signs of the alternator or batt going bad.. happened to me before..

Comment

Check the door switch that was a problem when a friend broke one of mine, 2 doolar fix, go the the junkyard and pocket it.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

It happened on my 90, I was able to fix them by taking them off and fiddling with it.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                  where you been, is something wrong?
                  i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord
                    Check the door switch that was a problem when a friend broke one of mine, 2 doolar fix, go the the junkyard and pocket it.
                    thats not it.............. replaced all of them and it still does it

my ride

Comment

Are your Doors/Trunk connected to an Alarm?

Just a thought. If you have an alarm system that triggers when any door or the trunk are opened, (usually all four doors and the trunk share a common ground), if that ground is whethered and now is touching metal when it shouldn't be all the time, maybe that's what's causing your indicator to think all the doors and trunk are open.

If that were true, though, you might even be experiencing the dome light coming on when it shouldn't. Is it?

Just a thought.
                      My Ride (Click here)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackPearl2006
                        Just a thought. If you have an alarm system that triggers when any door or the trunk are opened, (usually all four doors and the trunk share a common ground), if that ground is whethered and now is touching metal when it shouldn't be all the time, maybe that's what's causing your indicator to think all the doors and trunk are open.

If that were true, though, you might even be experiencing the dome light coming on when it shouldn't. Is it?

Just a thought.
                        well for me no dome light comes on when it does that..............think i'll check that ground

my ride

Comment

Mine did it to only when it rained, im taking it i had a truck leak and the water would get on the resistor box or something.

Comment

min does this to for my trunk

Comment

ive been havin da same problem with mine...i thought it was a short somewhere i took the whole car apart and still no luck..has anybody had any luck finding out what could be causing this?
                              Accord Hybrid

Comment

Working...
                              X