Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my EGR valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my EGR valve

Ok when my car runs for a while my check engine light comes on. I check the code it was 12 that is the EGR Valve. But if I turn the car off and then turn it back on the check engine light does not come on. Now iam wondering if i don't replace it what is the worst that can happen i plan on replacing it thought i just want to know what will happen and what is it for in the first place.

did you try cleaning your EGR valve?? is EXTREMELY EASY --- compared to the ports.

i cleaned my EGR Valve in about 20-30mins [incl. removing, cleaning and re-installing]
    Member's Page:: Coming Soon

Comment

Originally posted by bishpuppy
      did you try cleaning your EGR valve?? is EXTREMELY EASY --- compared to the ports.

i cleaned my EGR Valve in about 20-30mins [incl. removing, cleaning and re-installing]
      no didn't try that im going to do it tomorrow no time today I hope it works.

Comment

i also recommend cleaning it, it could be clogged w/ a lot of build up which restricts it from doing what it's supposed to do

if case comes worst, i recommend deep cleaning your ports(drilling, cleaning, and re-sealing) not necessarily what it'll come down to but just a thought

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
        My Ride thread
        Flickr
        Originally posted by d112crzy
        And it can only get better. That's the best part.
        All I gotta really say is:
        People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
          i also recommend cleaning it, it could be clogged w/ a lot of build up which restricts it from doing what it's supposed to do

if case comes worst, i recommend deep cleaning your ports(drilling, cleaning, and re-sealing) not necessarily what it'll come down to but just a thought
          What does the EGR valve do?

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u

so its that easy to clean a egr cause i wanted to do that what do i use to clean it
            UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
            NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

it's on of the main parts of the emissions system on your car....

it recirculates some of the exhaust gases back into your intake to lower emissions...

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
              My Ride thread
              Flickr
              Originally posted by d112crzy
              And it can only get better. That's the best part.
              All I gotta really say is:
              People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex
                so its that easy to clean a egr cause i wanted to do that what do i use to clean it
                that easy?? yes

2 bolts, unclip the power, disconnect 1 hose and lift up. extremely easy
                is like pumping gas in your car - that easy
                Member's Page:: Coming Soon

Comment

Well in my experiences when you get an egr code then shut the car off and the code goes away its the egr failing what happens is inside the egr is a valve that operates off of vacuum to allow air to recirculate well in your case your valve is not holding vacuum when it should you could pull it off and clean it which might buy you a day, a week, a month you never know when I had the same problem I cleaned mine and it lasted about 2 days. So its up to you if you dont mind doing twice by all means go ahead. Just my .02
                  I need a 14b or 16g turbo!

Comment

I figured it out today the first time i really looked at it the hose was un hooked so i hooked it back and no more check light Thanks alot.

Comment

I got a used one for sale. If you need it i could let it go for cheap plus shipping!

Comment

I didnt have a check engine code 12 untill i cleaned it. Then it started trippin on me. Are we supposed to use honda bond or something for the gasket? Right now I have it with no power and un vacuum plugged.

Comment

Working...
                        X