Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ebay intakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay intakes

Yeah, i know *Why the hell would you buy a peice of junk like that*, But i cant seem to find one decentlly priced in my local speed shops, they ran from 145-290, which is in my opinion, obsurd.... Yeah Whoop dee doo, its a K&N filter, but its not a high quality titanium alloy pipe were talkin about, its a standard one... so my question is, How decent are the ebay ones? When i get it im getting a filter through work, only 25 bucks for a K&N filter, not bad. and 30 for the Ebay stuff.
    Your thoughts?
    90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
    2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Like you say in your post "its not a high quality titanium alloy pipe were talkin about, its a standard one" I bought a generic no-name ebay intake with no-name filter for $20 Shipped. I didn't get the color I asked for so I sanded it down and painted it to my liking, threw on a K&N Filter, same thing as the $100+ setups. If the name brand thing is a big deal, you can always just slap on a sticker from the company of your choosing to make it look like you spent more money then you did.. I just put on the K&N Sticker that came with the filter..

You can kind of see mine in my sig pic. I asked for it to come in black but it came in blue, after the sanding down and two coats of paint you cant tell.. There are more pics in my members ride thread (link in sig.).. Later

Comment

i think i got mine for like 45 at car domain.. this was like 3 years ago

Comment

i bought mine for 40$ and it a good quick fix the filters are garbage but the intake them selfs not bad IMO
        Out of a job yet? Keep encouraging people to buy American. 500 of the biggest, most profitable American companies make more than half of their profits overseas! You Jackass!

Comment

ya, i bought a short ram intake off of ebay, and so far its been working great.
          the noise is quite noticable, and i like =)
          it cost me like 40 bucks. idk why you would spend $150+ on something you can get for much cheaper. i mean, its just an air intake, if it would be a turbo or something, then yes, invest because you dont want to risk anything going bad after you paid $1500+
          =)
          that's my 2cents

Comment

Ebay filters aren't great. The pipe is a pipe, especially if you use a short ram. The good intakes DO make more power, but honestly, you'll never know the difference. 1-2hp won't ever be felt.

Comment

I bought a 2 piece CAI on eBay. Haven't bought my K&N filter yet, but it still performs much better than the stock intake. I'll see if I notice any other difference when I get my filter.
              91 lx h22a

Member's Ride Thread
              bought from: xkjnboix, new_beginnings

Comment

in my opinion just any aftermarket intake is better than stock, so just get the ebay intake and change the filter to a k&n one, more bang for the buck
                H22 Swapped

Comment

K&n is good, but for the power difference you can also go with a Vibrant filter it will be just as good, I'm not sure what the price difference are between the two though

SOLD!!
                  Boosted H22
                  375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

pipe is a pipe, get a decent filter call it a day god damne

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Well, i wasnt able to get one in the 40$ range, cause shipping for a CAI is about 60 bucks to get it over the border, so i rigged my own WAI - Shoved a 3inch ID pipe 5 inches long into the existing rubber tube (honda factory intake) and threw a filter on there, 25 bucks in the end, and i DO notice that i have a decent ammount of acceleration, mainly though, i feel like i ahve more high end power, not extremly noticeable, but im starting to ask myself, why didnt have this power before with the stock box, so im going to clean EVERYTHING out, i have a feeling something might be plugged up, or i need a different filter in there (the cirrent stock intake box filter seems to be relativly heavy for an air filter, comparing to major brand name (WIX, and K&N) so we will see what happens.
                      90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                      2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Originally posted by blakmetal.honda
                        I bought a 2 piece CAI on eBay. Haven't bought my K&N filter yet, but it still performs much better than the stock intake. I'll see if I notice any other difference when I get my filter.
                        can ur 2 piece work like a SR intake?
                        hahahahah

Comment

x112. I bout the $20 SRI and it came with a crappy filter which i have since replaced. I even threw on a quick-clamp. I wanna paint the tubing, but...

I always thought it was kinda weird or fishy that that the piping is like a hard plastic material. I dunno what it should be made of, but that just doesnt seem like HP making material.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

the ebay intakes are from companies that most likely did a reverse technology on the the name brand ones then sell it cheaper to accomplish their sales. But an intake is an intake a pipe and filter...less air restriction than the factory air box
                            91 Accord EX Coupe

My pics Thread

I play for the team I own...

Comment

just take all the stuff off of your stock box(tons of plastic pieces) just make it suck in from the box and do a kandn filter and you get the sound and same performance...and it looks stock but if your a ricer than get your intake of choice but they really dont do much for noticable performance

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Working...
                              X