Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

power windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power windows

i have power windows and there stuck half way up and down is there anyway i can get it to comeup? when i start my car its making this loud rattling noise but it stops when i rev it or am driving and ideas all help is greatly appriciated

lol, stuck halfway up and down?

thank goodness, it's a bitch when they're halfway up but all the way down

are they TRYING to come up? maybe someone could pull while you press the button. sounds like either the motor or the switch. it's common for the motors to fail but you'll have to determine if it's the switch, which NORMALLY DON'T go bad.

the noise could be a heat shield (metallic sound from under the car) or your valves could need adjusting or you could just be hearing your fuel injectors pulsing.
    "As far as the prog references go, we embrace them. However, we would prefer our new moniker, which is a Mulligan stew of progressive rock, Bulgarian folk metal, rock ’n’ roll, ’80s disco and Christian rap that we like to call Munge." (Maynard James Keenan cited in Boston Herald, 2006)

Comment

its half way down you could easlily unlock the door from the outside the way it is now

Comment

Originally posted by JDM ACCORZ
        its half way down you could easlily unlock the door from the outside the way it is now
        well you can unlock nearly all hondas with a butter knife and the strength of a 10 year old. i was just picking at you though. if a window is halfway down, it can't be anything but halfway up, but nevermind.

get someone to pull up as you press the button. if that doesn't work, then you're gonna have to do some more serious mechanicking (is that a fucking word?)
        "As far as the prog references go, we embrace them. However, we would prefer our new moniker, which is a Mulligan stew of progressive rock, Bulgarian folk metal, rock ’n’ roll, ’80s disco and Christian rap that we like to call Munge." (Maynard James Keenan cited in Boston Herald, 2006)

Comment

okay im about 2 try it now and see what happens and no its not a word

Comment

okay im about 2 try it now and see what happens and no its not a word
            from this day forward, assume i'm kidding about most things

fuck, who knows, you may pull up on your window and it shatter in your hands, costing you thousands in reconstructive surgery

(i know it's not a word, it was a rhetorical question. i'm a sharp motherfucker and know basically everything)

Comment

just push up on the window you dont need anyone to do it for you but dont sit there and try forever youll burn out the motor if that doesnt work just shoot it with a shotgun

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

go to autoparts store and get a can of lithium grease and hose done the tracks.thatll prob be your answer right there.

DO NOT USE any other grease. i uesd bearing grease seized up.WD40 washes off. use lithium, white can.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                  just push up on the window you dont need anyone to do it for you but dont sit there and try forever youll burn out the motor if that doesnt work just shoot it with a shotgun

Comment

buy a new motor and lube up the rail that the only fix i had the problem all last winter it not cool driving around with a trash bag on ur window

4 door ex-l

Comment

im trying 2 get a motor from the junkyard its a bitch with the crossbar and the window regulator to get it out

Comment

im trying 2 get a motor from the junkyard its a bitch with the crossbar and the window regulator to get it out

it only 6 or less bolts just remember the way slide out

4 door ex-l

Comment

Working...
                        X