Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Is Toyo worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Toyo worth it?

I was looking around, and noticed that Toyo Proxes 4's are only around $100 per tire (for 15s). Are they worth that much, or is there something else that is slightly less money that is almost as good?
    91 lx h22a

Member's Ride Thread
    bought from: xkjnboix, new_beginnings

Depends what you want. Their are advantages and disadvantages based on those claims. I personally, think Toyo makes superb all around tires. They may not be the best in any one area, but they are decently well rounded.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

i read that BFG g-force sports are awesome for the price and they are only $81 shipped from tires.com

-sean
      Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
      Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

I run toyo proxes 4 good all season tire. Drive it in the snow, dry, and wet and works really well. Also as mentioned depends on what your looking for. It handles decent so far on my car so no complaints. But 100 per tire seems high.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Well, what I'm looking for is a tire that performs well, but I don't want one that wears too fast. My cb7 is a weekend warrior, I'm not a big street racer or anything, but I do hit the track once in a while. And I don't drift (except for snow drifting ), so my driving style shouldn't be too much of a problem. Do you think that the Proxes 4's would be a wise choice given these circumstances?

Oh and I only saw the price for them at one place, so I could most likely find them for cheaper.
          91 lx h22a

Member's Ride Thread
          bought from: xkjnboix, new_beginnings

Comment

It all depends on the money you have. if you are doing good financially you would more than likely get the tire that cost and performs the most, money is a major issue, most if not all of your decisions are based on that

Comment

Originally posted by WI_Zoe
              It all depends on the money you have. if you are doing good financially you would more than likely get the tire that cost and performs the most, money is a major issue, most if not all of your decisions are based on that
              100% true

Comment

Proxes 4 are on par with the Falken Ziex 512, Hankook Ventus, and one of the mid-range Kumho Ecsta modes. MOST tires in the same price range have similar attributes. If you don't have specific needs, chances are any of them will be good enough for you. Toyo is decent. I always thought they were a bit overpriced, but some people swear by them. I'm a Falken man myself

Stay away from the cheapest of the cheap, no matter how good the brand is. Stay away from the REALLY cheap crap, like Nankang and Wanli.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                  Proxes 4 are on par with the Falken Ziex 512, Hankook Ventus, and one of the mid-range Kumho Ecsta modes. MOST tires in the same price range have similar attributes. If you don't have specific needs, chances are any of them will be good enough for you. Toyo is decent. I always thought they were a bit overpriced, but some people swear by them. I'm a Falken man myself

Stay away from the cheapest of the cheap, no matter how good the brand is. Stay away from the REALLY cheap crap, like Nankang and Wanli.
                  Agree ... I have the hankooks k104s in 18" and they perform great in the dry and wet, and they are comparably priced.

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

id suggest the gforce sports as well.
                    320 treadwear, very sticky on dry pavement and hot days.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                    X