Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

another front end shake..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another front end shake..

I have a 1990 honda accord...I had the tranny replaced,whole frontend rebuilt..
    2 rebuilt half shafts,new rotors...new tires..like from my other post...

Now my frontend shakes at about 68 Mph and also the floor board shakes too..
    The steering while has a slight shake at 68 Mph after 68 Mph the sterring stops shaking but the floor board still shakes..
    Today I took the tires off of the frontend of a friends honda..and put them on my car ..It did not change....So I know its not the tires.......
    Anybody have an idea...

Thanks
    Sam Gann

swap your tires from front to back. if the shaking in the floorboard gets better but the steering wheel shakes more, then it's the rear tires

you may also need to have them high speed balanced. machines spin them about 30mph and sometimes it's necessary.

was the car wrecked? why the need to have so much rebuilt?
    "As far as the prog references go, we embrace them. However, we would prefer our new moniker, which is a Mulligan stew of progressive rock, Bulgarian folk metal, rock ’n’ roll, ’80s disco and Christian rap that we like to call Munge." (Maynard James Keenan cited in Boston Herald, 2006)

Comment

ya car was wrecked on the right side,car ran into the door and corner panel...
      Had the door replaced & the right rear corner pannel...
      The car drove alright no vibrations...Than the tranny blow a big whole in the upper part of the tranny...Replaced tranny car drove good no vibrations..
      Than I noticed that one of the boots on the right side was cracked replaced axle
      right side & replaced all 4 tires...about a week later I changed the left axle..
      I guess about 3 weeks after all this is when the vibrations started....

Then.......I had the tires rebalanced about 6 times...still vibrates..
      Took car to Honda mech.....he said there was a motor mount broke...replaced that..still vibrates...replaced upper ball joints ,tie rod ends, both half shaft again,struts...still vibrates...the last thing to change was the tranny.....
      After the tranny was changed the car drove good for about 2 weeks...
      than the vibration stated at about 68 Mph..and shakes the strering wheel till about 70 Mph and stops but the floor board still shakes....
      Like I said I borrowed a friends front wheels today and still the same thing...
      Can the back wheels cause the front to shake ??
      Could wheel bearings cause this shake ??
      What else could it be..????
      The whole frontend has been replaced....
      Thanks
      Sa Gann

Comment

Originally posted by samgann
        ya car was wrecked on the right side,car ran into the door and corner panel...
        Had the door replaced & the right rear corner pannel...
        The car drove alright no vibrations...Than the tranny blow a big whole in the upper part of the tranny...Replaced tranny car drove good no vibrations..
        Than I noticed that one of the boots on the right side was cracked replaced axle
        right side & replaced all 4 tires...about a week later I changed the left axle..
        I guess about 3 weeks after all this is when the vibrations started....

Then.......I had the tires rebalanced about 6 times...still vibrates..
        Took car to Honda mech.....he said there was a motor mount broke...replaced that..still vibrates...replaced upper ball joints ,tie rod ends, both half shaft again,struts...still vibrates...the last thing to change was the tranny.....
        After the tranny was changed the car drove good for about 2 weeks...
        than the vibration stated at about 68 Mph..and shakes the strering wheel till about 70 Mph and stops but the floor board still shakes....
        Like I said I borrowed a friends front wheels today and still the same thing...
        Can the back wheels cause the front to shake ??
        Could wheel bearings cause this shake ??
        What else could it be..????
        The whole frontend has been replaced....
        Thanks
        Sa Gann
        shaking is almost always related to wheels or tires at those speeds. axle/tranny related vibrations usually show up ONLY during acceleration, a motor mount will show up at certain RPM, not speeds necessarily.

just swap YOUR front tires to the back and vice versa. if ANYTHING changes then you have found your problem.

are your wheels balanced on both sides or are the weights put only on the inside of the wheel (static balancing).

loose front end parts should hardly ever cause a shake.

at 68mph, it shouldn't be related to the brakes either.

it's either your wheels/tires or something related to the wreck. if your caster is off badly, then it's possible that other poor alignment values are causing some vibration BUT it's not likely.
        "As far as the prog references go, we embrace them. However, we would prefer our new moniker, which is a Mulligan stew of progressive rock, Bulgarian folk metal, rock ’n’ roll, ’80s disco and Christian rap that we like to call Munge." (Maynard James Keenan cited in Boston Herald, 2006)

Comment

weights are on both sides on some rims and some rims only one side..I cant remeber which ones...

Comment

Wheel balance is a big factor. I bought a 92 DX with TERRIBLE balance... scared the bejezus out of me... Got 2 new tires, everything professionally balanced, and it was totally fixed!

If you got new axles, I have heard rumors of various replacement autoparts stores having axles that create a vibration (Advance, I believe is the most common dealer of such crap) I don't think it's a significant vibration, though.
            What you describe definitely sounds like wheel balance to me.

Another thing that can cause a shake would be shocks. Blown front shocks can cause major instability in the front end. Still, you'd probably notice more than just a shake. I had just one blown shock, and it was rather frightening! The lack of control at high speed over small bumps was scary.

Comment

Working...
            X