Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F20B question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F20B question...

ive been looking into these more and more as i realize an h22 is a lil pricey for me.

if i swap one in with the stock 5spd tranny that i have now, will that cause any major drawbacks or anything?

are they relatively easy to find? and what do i need to look for when i do find one?

opinions on the swap?
    Driving before toke:
    Driving after toke:

Promote friendly driving, Toke!

www.myspace.com/fzzy285

actually, I believe the f20b is a lil more expensive. with your f22 tranny and h22 motor, it will still be strong. But the power band will be very different with the f22 tranny compared to h22 or h23 trans. because the f22 trans will be a lot longer than the h series tranny.
    The beginning of a new era............................
    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

lookin off hmotorsonline.com, just the engine is $1000, and i can hopefully find one somewhere around here in a junkyard or something. there are no preludes anywhere in this town.
      Driving before toke:
      Driving after toke:

www.myspace.com/fzzy285

Comment

engine for what?? h22, f20b, which one was for 1000?? and good luck on finding an h22 at the junkyards. especially an f20b.

Comment

the f20 was $1000, i know there isnt a huge difference in price, but i like the fact that f20's arent as common of a swap
          Driving before toke:
          Driving after toke:

www.myspace.com/fzzy285

Comment

true that. but as for the f20b being a high revving motor, I would suggest getting an h series tranny to feel it's full potential. don't forget to mention that 1000 is only for the long block, what bout the ecu??

Comment

ecu and everything included, as for the tranny, im looking into some different options on that, nothing i plan on doing anytime soon. i wanna do things to my cb that have never been done, or at least not very often
              Driving before toke:
              Driving after toke:

www.myspace.com/fzzy285

Comment

The F20B is a Great motor from what i've read on here. ALMOST JDM has the F20B and he loves it. Its a Destroked H22 motor. which means it can revv higher/faster.

Its cheaper than an H22. and you could use your F22 tranny for now. The matching tranny for the F20B is short geared.
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

if ur gonna go F20B, id definitely change out the tranny to get the full potential of the motor, the gearing of ur stock tranny might not do so, unless ofcourse you're going turbo, then the longer gears are great! lol
                  FBP 99 Acura 2.3 CL 5 spd (mods a plenty) Estoril 98 BMW M3 Sedan(under construction)
                  Penn State University '08...better than your school since 1855
                  Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity Incorporated
                  UTI Class of '10, BMW "STEPchild"
                  Acurazine.com Mod Squad

Comment

what ecu is the f20b on?
                    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

The P13 would probably run the F20B, and chipped P28 would work well... but the proper ECU (not sure what it is) would be best.

The F20B is OBD2, so that's additional wiring you'd have to do.
                      The F20B has a narrow powerband compared to the H22. It's not bad, but the H22 has more usable power.
                      The F20B DOES rev to the moon, which would be pretty fun

If you get JUST the motor, you have to worry about the ECU issue. Also, the F22A transmission has very tall gearing for the F20B. In your normal driving RPM, you'll feel like you have less power than with the F22A. It'll take forever to get to where you make power. The H22 transmission would be much better in that case.

The F20B also comes in 2 versions... 200hp manual, and 180hp automatic. I believe the weaker one is more common... and there's no easy way to tell, especially before you actually GET the motor! hmotorsonline SHOULD be honest, and they're probably one of the only ones... but even then, I would avoid it.

The H22 is consistently $100-$200 cheaper than the F20B. Compare similar packages and you'll see that.

Comment

o deev i guess you missed the memo. I bought a prelude. building it up for backroads! buying f20b tomorrow! proper ecu is pcb! thanks again bud!
                        To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

yeah, i noticed today there are a few places you can get h22's fairly cheap.

and as far as the two versions, im gonna damn sure i get the 200hp manual, i already read about those a lil bit.

let me explain what i want in my car, i am a huge rally enthusiast, so i naturally want a rallyish car. now i know everyone is gonna say for me to get 4wd, but due to past experiences with a friend rallying his old accord, i think this car has alot of potential.

so i was thinking build an f20 a bit, put on a medium, nothin major turbo, dont know exactly what i want as far as tranny, i wanna get more details on the actual ratios and what not of the different trannys. that to me sounded like a great idea
                          Driving before toke:
                          Driving after toke:

www.myspace.com/fzzy285

Comment

The F20B has very high compression... turbo will be tricky.

Jan, do you still have the Z, the xterra, and the old blue CB7?

I would love to play with an F20B, but there's really not much benefit to it over the H22. It costs more, it's OBD2, there's a chance of getting the weaker one (I wouldn't know how to tell by looking at it), it has a peaky powerband, and any part that isn't an H22 part would be hard to replace.

The motor was designed by Honda so they could compete with the Accord in a 2.0L class. They would've used the H22 if they weren't limited to 2.0L. Everyone says "Oh, the F20B was MADE for racing!" Bull... it was made to race within limitations. That's like saying the gold-medal basketball team in the special olympics could play for the NBA!

The H22 was originally intended for the NSX

Comment

Working...
                            X