Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

oil leek (Need Help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil leek (Need Help)

Okay i have and oil leek and im confused about it .. see at first i thought it waz my oil pan but i had my uncle look it over and he told me its not my oil pan..and that i need to take my timing cover off and take a look there..also i waz told to chack and maybe chang my oil pressure sensor...anyone have any idea.. also whats the cheapest cat to find for my 92' ex? on thats cheep but is not ganna sufficat my car!
    Last edited by malibusmost101; 08-20-2007, 10:22 PM.

take your timing belt cover off and check if it leaking around balance shaft(balance sahft belt seal) or crank seal....oil pressure sending unit does leak also so check that its above oil filter under intake mani...check ur cam seal...valve cover gasket...
    My Members Ride Thread

Comment

thanx ..so the next thing is to try and find time to do this!!.. also whats the best oil i should use for my 92 ex ..also keep in minde my baby have 190,000 on it and still running!

Comment

Im glad you posted this. I have a oil leak and im gettin pissed. now i know what to look over. its comin from behind the oil pan in the back i can feel it.
        we'll c tomm0rrow
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

welcome To Cb7tuner.com

Comment

it could be leaking from the oil filter housing, even though its tight, mine was leaking from a seal behind there, not from the oil filter itself. And as for oil, Mobil 1 came out with this Full Synthetic High Mileage oil i'm gonna try next. Its synthetic, which cuts frictions and gives more power, yet saves all your seals from leaking. so I'll see what that does. You can find a 5 qt jug of it at Walmart for about 20 bucks.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

nah...if the oil is coming from the driver side....then he needs to check his (camseal...balance shaft seal...front main ...and or Valve cover.).

if its coming from the center...(Valve cover...oil filter seal...oil pressure unit)...

if its coming from the left..."Passenger side"

he needs to check the ( Dist. O ring.....Valve cover...and if its wet around the boarder between the engine and tranny...he needs to check the Rear main seal ) ** need to take the tranny out

NOTE: he said his dad already checked the Oil pan Gasket and that checked out ok!

DING DING DING...if its a Manual..check your hydraulic lines....and check your Steering gear ( rack and pinion )
              Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 08-21-2007, 11:33 PM.
              92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
              My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

no one else said it but check to make sure the rear balance shaft access bolt isnt missing. if its still there ignore this maybe someone else can use this info.
                Last edited by 91ex2dr5spdCB7; 08-22-2007, 02:07 AM.

Comment

That sensor they are talking about...is most likely the one RIGHT ABOVE your oil filter...mine leaked for a bit and would drip past my oil filter and right onto my exhaust...I was about to freak out one day I saw smoke and looked and saw oil on the oil filter...but it was just that little sensor.

It's REALLY easy to get to with the intake manifold off...in fact that's the best way to see it...but man what a pain in the ass...you can get to it from below but you'll have to take off the oil filter.

Aside from that the other posts here are right on!
                  ____

Comment

I use the mobil 1 synthetic high miliage, every 3k miles. I had and oil leak but, i put this stuff called tx-7 in it every 20k miles and i hardly leak any oil. I work at a jiffy lube so i get all my shit for free

TX-7 link

http://www.polydyn.com/tx7.htm

Comment

i checked mine today and its comin from the upper tanny pan, and between the motor. if i go under the car i can see it. i put jb weld. didnt work, some oil is come from my fly wheel area aslo

its motor oil i can tell cuz i put fresh oil and it came out fresh lookin

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
                        Im glad you posted this. I have a oil leak and im gettin pissed. now i know what to look over. its coming from behind the oil pan in the back i can feel it.
                        we'll c tomm0rrow
                        This is just a question but are you sure it is motor oil. If it is coming from behind the oil pan it sounds more like it could be power steering fluid. The rack and pinion is a common leak from the cb7. Just putting it out there because after I replaced my oil pan I thought I had a leak in it but after I looked it was power steering and it is directly behind the oil pan.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

ya its not power steerin its motor oil. o dam i dunno wtf 2 do. its where i said it was at. i hope it aint a tranny rear seal

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
                            i checked mine today and its comin from the upper tanny pan, and between the motor. if i go under the car i can see it. i put jb weld. didnt work, some oil is come from my fly wheel area aslo

its motor oil i can tell cuz i put fresh oil and it came out fresh lookin

rear main seal! like I said before .....oil wet spot between your engine and tranny. ( rear main seal )

change it ASAP!!

while you're doing that rear seal...might as well replace the flywheel and clutch....( 9 out of 10...your clutch disc and flywheel are glazed by the oil )

so Id take the time..WHILE the tranny is out..to replace with NEW parts!

( seal...flywheel..and clutch )

now..if you can...see if you can get that flywheel resurfaced! ( that MIGHT help )

NOTE: the more you drive it with that busted seal...the more damage you'll do to the flywheel and clutch disc surface. what wil happen is...you'll start noticing SLIPPAGE because the clutch can't grasp the flywheel because its now glazed to the point to where...its like trying to catch grip on Ice from doing a 180 ( damn near impossible )

so....change that seal ASAP
                            Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 08-24-2007, 03:56 PM.
                            92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                            My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

thanx guyz..im not sure were to start ..but ill fig. somthing!

Comment

Working...
                              X