Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

oil leek (Need Help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok...First...just look for where the oil is coming...if it's all dry above a certain spot...then the oil is coming from below...oil spreads a little...so stick with the middle of that wide slick.

If you've got a lot of dirt built up...then clean your engine really well...CAREFULLY power spray it..stay away from electronics...then...let it dry...don't drive it though...then...check your fluid levels...slap some powder on that bitch...drive around a bit...look for leaks...let it cool and then check fluid levels again (make sure you check fluid levels after the drive at the same temp as before the drive...fluids can expand a little once heated)

Oh yeah
    *slaps forehead

Don't...put...ANYTHING in your motor oil BUT motor oil guys...

Think about it...you put something in that seals leaks...what it this going to do to your oil journals? THE SAME!!! seal those puppies right up...at the very least gum up and slow down your oil flow.

Same thing with power steering fluid and tranny fluid and your gas tank too! How this stuff gets sold I have no idea...what's next...puting Elmers glue in your engine?

Those octane boosters...yeah they cause a sooty buildup on your spark plugs...less spark...less heat...less knock...octane...same. That "fuel pill" just clogs up your filter...nothing else...there was a big report done by several folks on not just fuel additives...but oil additives...if I find the site I'll post it...basically...even pro-long is crap...you can testify all you want...I used to as well...but science is science...and the facts are...this stuff does more damage and does no good.

Don't even put the STP oil treatment in your oil...that is basically nothing more than SUPER thick oil...like 100 weight...again...common sense...thicker is not better...

And...don't jb weld any oil related parts either...not a good idea...

As to jiffy lube...well...when I was with Toyota...JL gave us 2 out of every 3 of our engine rebuilds seriously...I'm not kidding...
    Last edited by bcjammerx; 08-25-2007, 12:52 PM.
    ____

Comment

Working...
    X